2017 U.S. Nationals Championship SD | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship SD

mrrice

Record Breaker
I really don't like this "Feeling Good" Mix. They were OK? That's it though, OK.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Jean-Luc Baker is really pretty. :love:

(On a more serious note, they had a lot of energy. I liked H/D's Feeling Good better, though.)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Hayawek / Baker: Fairly strong and fast edges through the blues section, and solid twizzles to follow. Stumbled a bit at the end of the non-touch sequence. The ending lift could be a bit more innovative. The couple could emphasize the Buble music a bit more, as it is more uplifting and spirited than their tone. I could feel them trying to focus on the technique and not really emoting with their face.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Maxwell/Devereaux skated out and for a second I was like...who are these people?

And now I feel bad

Eislauf

On the Ice
Jean-Luc Baker is sensational! I rank him second only to Guillaume Cizeron in terms of his beautiful lines, flow and balletic carriage. Plus Baker's tight jeans emphasize his long legs and exquisite lines.

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Charlotte Maxwell, Arctic FSC / Ryan Devereaux, Pittsburgh FSC

He's in all black- slacks, buttondown, suspenders- she's in a dark hot pink halter dress with sparkly boobs.

Nice ending to Good Golly, Miss Molly. Are they dating? They kissed on the lips after their bows

mrrice

Record Breaker
I don't recognize either of these skaters but, They're both good looking. Unfortunately, they don't have a good vehicle with this program.

Now, for Madison and Evan...

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hayawek / Baker: Fairly strong and fast edges through the blues section, and solid twizzles to follow. Stumbled a bit at the end of the non-touch sequence. The ending lift could be a bit more innovative. The couple could emphasize the Buble music a bit more, as it is more uplifting and spirited than their tone. I could feel them trying to focus on the technique and not really emoting with their face.

I love this team but thought Kaitlyn was a bit tight.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Maxwell / Devereaux: Adequate speed through the blues section, could be more romantic and swooning considering the lyrics of the song. Twizzles a bit slow and a bit far apart but well synchronized. Fairly simple Level 4 lift. Edges a bit scratchy in the non-touch. Lots of open holds but alright flow throughout.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Jean-Luc Baker is sensational! I rank him second only to Guillaume Cizeron in terms of his beautiful lines, flow and balletic carriage. Plus Baker's tight jeans emphasize his long legs and exquisite lines.

"long legs" "exquisite lines" :laugh: