2017 Worlds Men's SP | Page 98 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's SP

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Nathan and Yuzuru great, albeit with mistakes. Still, great skates :)

padme21

On the Ice
Well I'm not shocked at Hanyu's placement. I had him in 7th in my worst case scenario so 5th is a bit better. Sigh that blasted combo. Sadly I doubt he will win. He has a shot at best for bronze. Nathan I wasn't surprised with his placement especially since he'd changed boots since 4CC. It is Nathan's very first worlds 6th isn't that bad. If Javier wins this again I think he'll be setting himself up nicely for next years olympics. If Hanyu finishes heaven forbid off the podium at worlds I think there's no way he'll be able to defend his olympic gold medal. His track record in good season,bad season. Last season was so good I'm not surprised at how this season is going for him. Which means good olympic year right! That combo has become his Achilles heel.

Nika09

On the Ice
I actually like, no just love Hanyu's Prince program and wanna them to little change and keep it for another season (don't kill me :slink:) just to watch totally clean version of it.

And love Shoma's FS, so please skate it clean , you can do it!!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope Nathan is proud of himself. He did really well skating in his first Worlds with all of the hype and boot issues that has effected his jumps and also kept him off the ice and cut into his training time. This competition was overall well skated and I'm so ready for the free. I wonder if the top 3 guys can hold on to their positions? So exciting!

I loved Nathan's skate. Too bad about the 3A. I think he deserved his PCS. As for his chances in the long, wasn't Hanyu 12 points or so ahead after the short in 2016?

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
We're in Europe, and Javier will skate last. No matter what shoma does in the free, the judges will put Fernandez ahead knowing what it takes. That's my opinion

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty
We're in Europe, and Javier will skate last. No matter what shoma does in the free, the judges will put Fernandez ahead knowing what it takes. That's my opinion

I agree there. Skating last, with the lead he has now, and of course worlds in Europe, Javier will win unless he has so many problems they have to put Uno, Chan, or Hanyu (with how far back Hanyu currently is) over him. He doesnt have to skate cleanly, he can have some problems and they will fudge the scores if need be, as long as it isnt too many.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I wish these allegedly biased European judges would be a lot nicer to Deniss, Moris, Alexei, Michal, etc. and less generous with the US men.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
What a nice touch to introduce each skater during the warmup. They should do that more often.

It reminds me of the introductions in gymnastic competitions. It is a nice touch. :) I wish I could have seen it. They didn't show it on the Chinese feed that I was watching (or I missed it).

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I am have kind of contradicting feelings right now. On one hand, I am amazed and so happy Javi, Shoma, Boyang and Patrick scored so well and did great because I love all of them. But I'm also pretty sad about Yuzu because I know he'll be so disappointed in himself and he's my sentimental fave. Nathan, I think, will bounce back in his FS; he has such high BV he'll make up so much difference in that alone. This is going to be a bloodbath and I'm not even sure I can be here to watch it. I'll need to check the schedule. Why can't everyone I like skate their best???

But damn if this wasn't an amazing SP competition.

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty
If everyone skates cleanly in the LP the medals will probably end up as:

Gold- Fernandez
Silver- Hanyu (he would pass Uno and Chan at his current deficit skating cleanly IMO, even if they also do, and he would likely win the LP over Fernandez too but never make up the current deficit)
Bronze- Uno
4th- Chan
5th- Chen (he might beat Uno and Chan in the LP but never by enough)