2017 Worlds Pairs SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Pairs SP

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
I'm crossing every finger and toe that Katia/Harley and Anna/Martin blast through that cutoff!!!

Am I remembering correctly that if they make the free, they secure an Olympic spot?

If so, I'm going to be nervous until I see a Q by their names.....

Lysambre

Final Flight
I was thinking that the area oozes a very similar vibe as American areas and then realized that the event uses as bright lighting as that of American venues. The inner structure looks alike Americans. I wonder the architects are Americans. :)

Oops, I missed D/B.

It was desingned by a team of architects from SCi Architects (a US company) and a local architect from Finland.

Vili67

On the Ice
Good Luck to Finland pair.
It's been so meny years that we had skaters in pairs.
:yahoo:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'll be able to watch only last 3 groups as I am at work until 6 pm, have to do some shopping and prepare my meals for next few days to take to work, life is cruel and brutal this week...

glorybox6

Final Flight
So, any pair that makes the free needs a slay count of at least 12 other pairs. The Czechs already 1/4 of the way there. BRUTAL this year.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
What place does Anna and Martin need to get in order to get the Olympic spot?

16 of the 20 Pairs spots are determined at Worlds. After the multiple spots are doled out per the usual procedure, the remaining of those 16 are filled in order of placement of countries who didn't get multiple spots.

There's no way of knowing how many countries will get single spots at Worlds until we know for sure who gets multiple spots. Like, for the ladies, based on SP placements alone every country who qualified for the FS, except for Germany, would earn an Olympic spot. But if, for example, Ashley Wagner fell two places to 9th (and other placements stayed as much the same as they could), Germany would qualify an Olympic spot since the USA would only have 2 instead of 3.

For a reference, qualification rules summarized in the OP here

They need to be in top 16.

Not necessarily. If enough countries qualified multiple spots, the last few FS qualifying countries could be out of luck.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It was desingned by a team of architects from SCi Architects (a US company) and a local architect from Finland.

Thanks for the quick and detailed information. My hunch got right! I feel good to know GS has a lot of knowledgeable people. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm crossing every finger and toe that Katia/Harley and Anna/Martin blast through that cutoff!!!

Am I remembering correctly that if they make the free, they secure an Olympic spot?

If so, I'm going to be nervous until I see a Q by their names.....

I don't think either are in any danger. I would literally fall over in shock if 60 isn't enough to qualify, but I'm really pretty sure 55 ish will be enough...

Giselle

Medalist
What place does Anna and Martin need to get in order to get the Olympic spot?

Top 16 should be ok but it also depends on countries who will earn 3 spots or 2 spots who could max out the available spots from Worlds. Even if they don't make it at Worlds, they have a good chance to grab one of the last four spots available at the Olympic Qualifying Competition (Nebelhorn Trophy).

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I feel like I've heard this music from one of the Russian men. Was it Samarin? Or Kovtun?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Lord Samarin music:biggrin:

oh Im in time for Goda/Nik!!!!!!!!!!
Will I see blue Sasha Smirnov!?:laugh:

Last edited: