2017_18 ISU Judging Anomalies | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017_18 ISU Judging Anomalies

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
S/M's personal best PCS in the team SP where she fell and then improved further in the individual SP where he doubled.

Both programs had an obvious error, and somehow that equates to a PCS personal best.

I want Aliona to get her gold, but that's just ridiculous.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I get that some of you might not like the scoring in the SP last night but this thread is supposed to be about a judge or judges scores being out of line with the rest of the panel. If you'd like to show how D/R, S/M or T/M or any other skater benefited from an aberration feel free to share.

For example the Chinese judge had Yu/Zhang in 2nd and the Hungarian judge had them 3rd while the French and Italian judges had them 9th and 8th.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
it's obvious from this screenshot that canadian judge is way too biased to compatriots. On the other hand australian judge's score is even more ridiculous :biggrin:

How? They placed the Canadians 3rd. Sure, it was higher than the average, but they were the only judge to score the top 4 in order of their placement.

You wanna talk about bias towards compatriots? The Chinese judge gave Sui and Han, 85.70 -- and placed Yu/Zhang 2nd over T/M, D/R, and S/M.

Also, France had J/C in 3rd, and Germany had S/M in 2nd. No other judge placed them as high.

russianfan

Match Penalty
How? They placed the Canadians 3rd. Sure, it was higher than the average, but they were the only judge to score the top 4 in order of their placement.

You wanna talk about bias towards compatriots? The Chinese judge gave Sui and Han, 85.70 -- and placed Yu/Zhang 2nd over T/M, D/R, and S/M.

we need a russian judge there to balance it! :biggrin:

russianfan

Match Penalty
In the FS there will be a Russian judge. Russia, Czech Republic, Austria and USA will get in. Before the FP, a draw will decide who will be kicked out to make room for them.

so all we need to do is to somehow kick out the chinese judge and hope that T/M will be clean? :laugh2:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
we need a russian judge there to balance it! :biggrin:

LOL, well, if there was a Russian judge, they'd have given T/M straight 10.00s and +3s, and max everyone else out at +2 and 9.00. :sarcasm:

Props to the Italian judge Walter Toigo, who just scored himself a mansion somewhere in Russia for his straight +3s, and almost perfect PCS (I mean, 10.00 for SS and CO?!) for T/M. :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Of course it could just be that the Italian judge preferred the Russians. I thought it was really close to be honest. I probably would have had them within 2 points of each other.

russianfan

Match Penalty
LOL, well, if there was a Russian judge, they'd have given T/M straight 10.00s and +3s, and max everyone else out at +2 and 9.00. :sarcasm:

Props to the Italian judge Walter Toigo, who just scored himself a mansion somewhere in Russia for his straight +3s, and almost perfect PCS

like this? this is the best you can get for fair scoring :biggrin:

Andrea82

Medalist
The Italian judge had them quite close.

Sui/Han:

Tarasova/Morozov

All +3 to T/S and 1 +2 and 6 +3 to S/H

And he was giving out high marks like candies.
He was above 8.0s even for the North Koreans, the Knierims and Moore Towers/Marinaro

David21

On the Ice

Props to the Italian judge Walter Toigo, who just scored himself a mansion somewhere in Russia for his straight +3s, and almost perfect PCS (I mean, 10.00 for SS and CO?!) for T/M. :laugh:

And still he scored T/M only 0.6 pts ahead of S/H overall while the Chinese judge scorede his pair about 7 points higher than T/M...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
And still he scored T/M only 0.6 pts ahead of S/H overall while the Chinese judge scorede his pair about 7 points higher than T/M...

IMO, the Chinese judge got it more right than the Italian judge (with respect to S/H vs. T/M). The Chinese judge was rather audacious to put Y/Z 2nd (as beautiful as their skate was).

I think T/M should have been behind a full point on PCS. Their technical elements and SS are great, but their composition and interpretation are weak, and their performance is just not there. Compare that to S/H's utterly raw performance. That was magnificent -- easily the best skating we'll see this Olympics, unless they top it tonight with their free. Only V/M and Yuzuru can come close in the current crop of skaters, and even he might lose something if his quads don't hold.

Which is why Walter Toigo's scores are a joke. No way should T/M be getting anything more than a 9.25 on anything except the SS.

And they still would have been second! The judging was so great till that happened.

And good on Elke Treitz for S/H's PE and IN below T/M's. A good example of using your voice to state your opinion, as woefully wrong as it might be.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Only V/M and Yuzuru can come close in the current crop of skaters, and even he might lose something if his quads don't hold.

These two, definitely but I still think there are many who can deliver raw, lovely performances with some of the best skating we will see - Kostner, Chan, if they deliver cleanly which they can. The French team's FS is beautiful, raw skating at its best and while V/M have a romantic chemistry that the French can't touch, the French's choreo and interpretation of Moonlight Sonata is the best I've ever seen and OGM worthy. Hubbell/Donohue could also have a raw performance with great skating. Rippon already did so with his FS in the team event, IMO - didn't matter his lack of quads.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
T/M's FS is truly dreadful and Evgenia can't give much attention to 'performance' without messing up the tech. The Russian judge may give it 10s, but I'd be shocked if any other judge gave it anything higher than a 9.00. If Sui/Han skate clean, the OGM should rightly be theirs.