Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I voted for Rika, but I can easily see a scenario when she's not even on the podium.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
No one can beat clean Alina. Not only she is the most decorated skater in the eyes of judges - her pcs speak for itself. She does not have Rika's 3A or Liza's textbook jumps but she has what they don't have: overall package.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
This is Alina's competition to lose. If she's at her best, she will get the gold, 100%.

What I am more interested in is to see the judging breakdown- will Rika get a PCS boost, will Satoko get any URs, will the caller be strict on edge calls, etc. :popcorn:

Fluture

Record Breaker
No one can beat clean Alina. Not only she is the most decorated skater in the eyes of judges - her pcs speak for itself. She does not have Rika's 3A or Liza's textbook jumps but she has what they don't have: overall package.

I do think Rika has the overall package. That being said, I agree that this is Alina‘s gold to lose. She doesn‘t even need to be 100% perfect but as long as she doesn‘t implode completely (which she rarely if ever does) she‘ll be fine. Rika, I think, how lovely she might be, will need a few more competitions for her to show she‘s consistent and for the judges to be willing to give her higher PCS.

It might not be totally fair because in my eyes Rika already deserves high PCS, especially for her FS which is a wonderfully choreographed, mature and complex program which she sells really well. But maybe it‘s better for her not to take everything by storm but rather take her time and not feel pressured to win everything right away. She is young, she has improved a lot from last season and she has lots of time. I wish for her to be calm in this competition and simply do her best, whatever the result might be in the end.

The same goes for Alina, btw. Alina is very competitive, she thrives when serious and strong rivals are competing against her. That‘s why I‘m overall not too worried about her. She‘ll show us her best. But of course I wish her good luck anyway. And to my other faves as well: Satoko! :love: And Kaori, Sofia, Liza!!

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Also happy that in the end the figure skating gods cleaned up the dirty done to Kaori and she qualified as well. :pray:

I hear this a lot and I am curious where this figure skating polytheism originates from. Is it just a figure of speech for fate and providence or are there actual figure skating gods? :D

lusk8

Record Breaker
Good luck to Alina!!!

I wish her skates on both programs that she can truly be happy with.

To me she is number 1, get that gold girl.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

All true. But will she be clean?

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Alina :yahoo:

Going into this competition as the Olympic Champion who started this season so well, by winning everything she competed in, she's the clear favourite. Hoping to see Alina at her best, happy and smiling at the end of this competitions. She deserves it :luv17::yahoo:

Also, I am really eager to see how Rika will cope with all this pressure. It's the most important competition from this season until now, so it will reveal where her consistency and nerves are. She will be a strong contender, that's for sure! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to watch Satoko's SP once again, as one of my guily pleasures of this season :biggrin:, how will Tukt's jumps look like and ofc I dream for great perfomances from Sofia, she had a great senior debut so far.:luv17:

LynsJ

On the Ice
Really hope Liza gets on the podium and skates clean! I'd love her to win but any medal would be brilliant for her! So hard to call as it's such a great group and anything could happen! [emoji846]

Fluture

Record Breaker
I literally love all of them so much that I just hope that everyone has great skates they can be proud of and whoever lands on the podium, I‘ll be happy with. Personally, I hope Liza gets a medal, simply because she is such an inspiration this season, showing that you can come back after everyone already wrote you off and slay. Then, I‘d love for Alina to medal (gold!) because she deserves it after all the things she recently has to read about her. Satoko is a personal favourite and I‘d love to have her medal as well but... Rika...and Kaori... and Sofia... so, well, I figured I want everyone to medal, this whole post didn‘t make sense anyway. Just please skate your best, ladies, and no splats! :laugh:

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I literally love all of them so much that I just hope that everyone has great skates they can be proud of and whoever lands on the podium, I‘ll be happy with. Personally, I hope Liza gets a medal, simply because she is such an inspiration this season, showing that you can come back after everyone already wrote you off and slay. Then, I‘d love for Alina to medal (gold!) because she deserves it after all the things she recently has to read about her. Satoko is a personal favourite and I‘d love to have her medal as well but... Rika...and Kaori... and Sofia... so, well, I figured I want everyone to medal, this whole post didn‘t make sense anyway. Just please skate your best, ladies, and no splats! :laugh:

I feel exactly the same haha [emoji23] please just let the weekend end happily!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I can't believe the Final is already upon us :eekn: I wish all the ladies good luck out there, do your best :)

That being said, I will do some old slavic magic voodoo over the next two days to encourage Rika's win :biggrin: The skating gods took Yuzuru out of the final, they need to compensate it for me by putting Rika on top of this podium!

melgirl25

Medalist
I wish the Russians had arrived a little earlier. Isn't their first event tomorrow? I would need a lot more time to adjust to that jet lag!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope all the skaters go extra clean and give the judges a real headache trying to sort out the placements. :biggrin:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I wish the Russians had arrived a little earlier. Isn't their first event tomorrow? I would need a lot more time to adjust to that jet lag!

I think they know what they‘re doing. I doubt Eteri would risk anything by arriving too late. They‘re probably already used to this. I‘m not worried about this, they all have plenty competition experience.

Will we be able to watch practice sessions?

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
But didn't AnnaS say that jet lag affected her performances at her JGP Canada? This seems odd that they are cutting it so close.