Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/gpf1819/SEG003.HTM

Skating order is up.

Great skating order for Alina! :luv17:
Not so great for Kaori and Rika imo. :think:

Wishing everyone a great skate!
:hap10:
I can't wait to watch this event, I think it will be amazing! :love:

Rika is rather early, that‘s right. But why is it a problem for Kaori to be second to last?

Alina really has a great order. Makes me even more confident about her. I‘m so nervous for all the ladies already and not only seniors this time, juniors too. My poor heart can‘t handle this lol. So having Alina skate last, which I think she likes, is a bit assuring.

JUST BE CLEAN LADIES AND SPARE MY NERVES THANK YOU :laugh:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Rika is rather early, that‘s right. But why is it a problem for Kaori to be second to last?

Alina really has a great order. Makes me even more confident about her. I‘m so nervous for all the ladies already and not only seniors this time, juniors too. My poor heart can‘t handle this lol. So having Alina skate last, which I think she likes, is a bit assuring.

JUST BE CLEAN LADIES AND SPARE MY NERVES THANK YOU :laugh:

Rika is skating early which is good for her nerves but bad for PCS especially if she makes mistakes and she will be skating right after Liza.
Kaori will skate right after Satoko which I think does not help her PCS.
Of course none of this is like, scientifically proved but it is the impression I get when I watch full events, skating order matters and can affect judges' assessment and overall effect of each performance, not to mention the skater's focus.

WhiteProphet

On the Ice
Rika is skating early which is good for her nerves but bad for PCS especially if she makes mistakes and she will be skating right after Liza.
Of course none of this is like, scientifically proved but it is the impression I get when I watch full events, skating order matters and can affect judges' assessment and overall effect of each performance, not to mention the skater's focus.
I think that skating after Liza is actually good for Rika's PCS, especially if she's clean.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think that skating after Liza is actually good for Rika's PCS, especially if she's clean.
Yeah, the contrast with Liza probably benefits Rika, as long as she skates well (and if she doesn't, well, it doesn't matter where she skates).

I will say, I think the single-most important thing Rika can do here is land the 3A in the short program. Even if she had other problems, even if the free skate is messy, she's in danger of developing a mental thing regarding the SP 3A if she keeps missing it in competition.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand

They are all such accomplished skaters with different strengths and weaknesses. You could argue that skating after Satoko will highlight the height and distance of Kaori's jumps...

pesto

On the Ice
I'm not so sure skating order will make such a big difference to the PCS here, where there are only six of them, and they are all assumed to be elite skaters by dint of having qualified.

I think it definitely makes a difference in the large competitions where the judges can seem quite strict with good skaters who somehow land in the early, less accomplished groups.

After a few gins during the ice resurfacing, they loosen up a bit.

moriel

Record Breaker
I will say, I think the single-most important thing Rika can do here is land the 3A in the short program. Even if she had other problems, even if the free skate is messy, she's in danger of developing a mental thing regarding the SP 3A if she keeps missing it in competition.

I would say that its important for her to skate a clean-ish SP, even if it is a 2A and not a 3A.