2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 113 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

irriya

On the Ice
OMG, I made my wish that Kaori would go to gpf and wc earlier this season, and she had made it all come true! So so so proud of you! Keep healthy and be your best at wc!

Nirti

Medalist
Yes, you can skate as junior as long as you're age eligible (until +/- 19,5 y.o. for ladies) . Only exception is that you cannot skate the senior grand prix and the junior grand prix during the same season.

If she wants to do so, Kaori Sakamoto could take part at the JW too... :biggrin:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I really want her 3A to get ratified by ISU, she seems quite consistent with it too

Incredibly, she said in her post skate interview that she couldn't land a single triple axel in morning practice.Then she nailed two in the free!

Also, I can't recall ever seeing any ladies program with four axels total, so that might be another way to make history.

As for the future, she said "no comment".

irriya

On the Ice
Yes, you can skate as junior as long as you're age eligible (until +/- 19,5 y.o. for ladies) . Only exception is that you cannot skate the senior grand prix and the junior grand prix during the same season.

If she wants to do so, Kaori Sakamoto could take part at the JW too... :biggrin:

I think maybe Marin should go back to JWC. She really need more competitions for experiences and to build up confidence.

leoleo

Medalist
That was the most exciting ladies competition of the season! wow guessing who would win was impossible and the unexpected got it in the end! I am so proud of all of them. I only Kaori could get scored like that internationally! Rika... what else should i say? trust her to deliver when it matters most, her competitive spirit is scary, Mai being the adoptive daughter again, what's new...

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I know you can't compare scores across Nationals, but when was the last time time that the Japan Nationals winner finished with a higher score than the Russian Nationals winner?

Spinning

On the Ice
I've been long for Japanese podium all season and now it might be happan (at the biggest stage of the season.

Congratulations to all skaters especially our little miss sunshine Kaori! Also I am glad to see Yuna Aoki back on the scene finishing 14th but still beautiful to watch. Hope to see her more next season.

I’m just posting to say that I am so proud of Kaori. She has been flawless all season and she really does encompass everything that makes a great figure skater. She looks so effortless and her programs are masterpieces, especially that free program. Her performance had such emotion, it was truly breathtaking. Well done Kaori!