2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

Spinning

On the Ice
Thanks for the report.
Judges must have brought some coffee, 75 girls !
Glad too to see Yuna Aoki in the lead with her money combo 3lz-3lo.

Good to see my girl back on the scene. :hap10:

I feel for the judges.:slink:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Just to add a note: for tomorrow, the Kanto Summer Trophy continues, while on the other hand, the 'Gan-san' Summer Cup for skaters from Western section will also commence :drama:

The schedule of Kanto Summer Trophy on Aug 11th goes as follow (roughly): Jr. Ladies (FS) - Jr. Men (SP) - Sr. Men (SP) - Sr. Ladies (SP)
For 'Gan-san' Cup, the competition on Aug 11th is mainly for Jr. Ladies (SP)

leoleo

Medalist

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
It's blocked in my country too, as usual with Fuji tv.
I wanted to see Waka's 3A.

sakurano

Final Flight
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmTIDikDT8_/?hl=f

it's his 3A unfortunately it is not as perfect as at the WTT 2017 but it will come, it's time to improve by the half season, personally I would have hoped that it work more on his 3F .

Good luck to the girls who are competing this week, congratulations for the return of Yuna Aoki.

A little late but congratulations to Yuna S, Sara, Hanna, Mako for their medals, they start their season well hoping that they continue like this during the season.

leoleo

Medalist
Rika's 3A is so beautiful omg i'm so incredibly excited for her senior debut :luv17:

sakurano

Final Flight
I hope more that she will ditch that 3F in SP. She has 2 competitions in Canada and i would not be surprised to see a full "e" even if she has a flat edge.

it's been at least three seasons that she should have changed and it's a shame that she loses points because of his stubbornness to want to correct his 3F. but since the 3F is worth more than 3LO I cross the fingers so that it does not happen, especially as you say in Canada or she has big competitors in front of her.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Both Kanto ST and Gan-san SC is underway (with former on Sr ladies' SP and latter on Jr. ladies' SP), I'm gathering some information about skaters' new programs below (and will keep on adding the info):

From Kanto ST:
(Adding Jr. Ladies FS)
Yuna Aoki - FS: Grieg's Piano Concerto (w/ total 161.71 winning Jr. Ladies')
Tomoe Kawabata - FS: Gershwin piano concerto (w/ total 152.11 placing 2nd)
Shiika YOSHIOKA - FS: Cleopatra (w/ total 150.90 placing 3rd)
Rion SUMIYOSHI - FS: Black Swan (w/total 148.61 placing 4th)

Sr. Ladies
Wakaba Higuchi (SP we already know, SP score 52.02: 2A/*2Lz/3F-Fall perhaps Wakaba is not used to skating 1st?)
Yuka Nagai (3Lz-hand/2A/3Lo-2T// 52.12, SP to River dance; it's also choreographed by Miaso Sato, so Yuka is sharing the same song choreographed by the same choreographer with Tomono! )
Akari Matsubara (2L?/2A/ 3S-3T// 52.54, currently 1st, SP to Once upon a December)

From Gan-san SC:
Jr. Ladies
Nana Araki - SP: Bei Mir Bistu Shein (same as last season's, 3Lz3T/2A/3F //59.04 the score is a little bit low?)
Rina Kasakake - SP: Moana (3F/2A/3L-2T// 57.35)
Yuhana Yokoi - SP: Lion King (3F//2A/2Lz3T// 58.68, woops about the 2Lz!)
Hana Yoshida - SP: 007 (3Lz3T/2A/3F // 50.97, low score due to mistake in a spin)
Rika Tejima - SP: Scheherazade (3Lzot1T/ 2A/3F// 44.39)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Sr. Ladies
Wakaba Higuchi (SP we already know, SP score 52.02: 2A/*2Lz/3F-Fall perhaps Wakaba is not used to skating 1st?)
Yuka Nagai (3Lz-hand/2A/3Lo-2T// 52.12 currently 1st, SP to River dance)

From Gan-san SC:
Jr. Ladies
Nana Araki - SP: Bei Mir Bistu Shein (same as last season's, 3Lz3T/2A/3F //59.04 the score is a little bit low?)
Wakaba did pretty poorly at her 2 first domestic competitions last season too. I think she is not simply a very early season skater. But i don't worry since she was ready for her 1st international comp last season and skated two cleans programs.

And Nana's score is indeed loooooow.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Everyone got a score below 100 in junior FS at Kanto summer trophy. Did the girls get many URs calls? It doesn't seem like they did so many mistakes when i read reports on twitter.