Men: Shoma Uno, Keiji Tanaka, Yuzuru Hanyu
Ladies: Kaori Sakamoto, Rika Kihira, Satoko Miyahara
Pairs: Miu Suzaki/Ryuichi Kihara
Dance: Misato Komatsubara/Tim Koleto

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I'm a little disappointed, but somehow expected this. He might think he doesn't deserve it... :(

Please know that we're still very proud of you and that we hope you'll consider competing beyond this season, dear Dai-chan! :pray:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm a little disappointed, but somehow expected this. He might think he doesn't deserve it... :(

Please know that we're still very proud of you and that we hope you'll consider competing beyond this season, dear Dai-chan! :pray:

I know. I mean for us Dai Fans this is really a bummer, because Dai at Saitama, ending his career on a high note on the international stage IN Japan after the disappointment of 2014, would've been amazing but to be honest, I think this is so him. I mean, he is such a great and humble athlete. He's an amazing man and I'm so proud. :sad21:

Sorry, for that fangirl moment!

yude

Record Breaker
Team Japan assignments for #WorldFigure 2019

Men: Shoma Uno, Keiji Tanaka, Yuzuru Hanyu
Ladies: Kaori Sakamoto, Rika Kihira, Satoko Miyahara
Pairs: Miu Suzaki/Ryuichi Kihara
Dance: Misato Komatsubara/Tim Koleto

I agree with this.

Yuma Kagiyama!! Looking forward to seeing you more :dance:

I wish Shoma speedy recovery.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Glad that Dai has had his come-back and his Nationals Medal. -All on his own terms.
Declining selection to the National Team is also his decision so though I'm sad not to see him compete internationally, I respect his choice.

Keiji, redeem yourself! :agree:

Adding: There is also next season. Daisuke said that he doesn't plan on stopping. -Next season he may be more prepared for international competition. Just go at your own pace Dai.

Last edited:

saphire

On the Ice
I saw 1 translation that said Dai was retiring again. Relieved that was incorrect and he will continue. Although overall I want him to be happy with whatever he decides.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Dai said at the beginning of the year that he wanted to redeem himself at Nationals and that he wouldn't want to "steal" a spot... so I guess we knew all along about this... but certainly hoped he would change his mind about worlds :)

noskates

Record Breaker
Just saw the results. Kind of sad not to see Dai compete again but as many are saying - he's a class act.

Nika09

On the Ice
Surely I do understand and respect Daisuke's decision about international competitions but...I'm very disappointed tbh :( His FP program is probably the best (my favourite at least) Men's field this season and too pity it won't be shown internationally. If he'll continue for next season I hope PaleGreenGhosts will be kept.
Anyways, congratulations!! It was a fantastic unretirement for a legend which Dai is!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
before my (silly) comments i have a question: how do gp spots work exactly for comback skaters? i know you have to disappear from international competitions for at least a year, but do nationals count as well?

and now silly comments :laugh:

Sena Miyake: there’s something I like about this guy, unluckily he is a mess. One thing Is sure, girls love him :biggrin:

Kazuki Tomono: + 5 for misha ge and rendeer head. we'll see him again at 4cc and i hope he'll do better.

Shoma Uno: Cleanest he’s been this season and on his feet!!:clapper: now get better, shoma!

Daisuke TAKAHASHI: I loved everything . he wasn’t clean but who cares? finger crossed for next season :pray: he can't disappear just like that again, can't he?

MeineKatze

On the Ice
Indeed a class act from king Takahashi!! Kostner would have shoved herself into worlds spot and robbed multiple girls in a major international competition.

icetug

Medalist
Really?:scratch:whose post would she robe?

That's good question :laugh:. Seniors, who get some 50 points less than she usually gets or those juniors who won Italian Nationals this year but are not even age eligible :rolleye:.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
before my (silly) comments i have a question: how do gp spots work exactly for comback skaters? i know you have to disappear from international competitions for at least a year, but do nationals count as well?

2. DESIGNATION OF THE SKATERS 2.1 Seeded Skaters/Couples

[...]

c) “Come-Back” Skaters/Couples: Skaters/Couples who were previously seeded (placed 1 to 6 within the past 10 years at a ISU World Figure Skating Championships) and subsequently did not participate in one or more competitive seasons will be given priority consideration to re-enter the ISU Grand Prix of Figure ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating and ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2018/19 Page 3 of 16 Skating for selection of up to 2 assignments if they commit in writing to participating in two ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating events and if such return is announced and confirmed by the date of the annual Selection Meeting. Such so called “Come Back Skaters/Couples” will not substitute any of the Seeded Skaters/Couples, mentioned under a). “Come Back Skaters/Couples” must not fulfil the requirements of the minimum Grand Prix score and would be considered for selection as an Organizing ISU Member Choice. A come back under this clause is allowed only once in their competitive career for any Skater/Couple.[/I]

source

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
2. DESIGNATION OF THE SKATERS 2.1 Seeded Skaters/Couples

[...]

c) “Come-Back” Skaters/Couples: Skaters/Couples who were previously seeded (placed 1 to 6 within the past 10 years at a ISU World Figure Skating Championships) and subsequently did not participate in one or more competitive seasons will be given priority consideration to re-enter the ISU Grand Prix of Figure ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating and ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2018/19 Page 3 of 16 Skating for selection of up to 2 assignments if they commit in writing to participating in two ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating events and if such return is announced and confirmed by the date of the annual Selection Meeting. Such so called “Come Back Skaters/Couples” will not substitute any of the Seeded Skaters/Couples, mentioned under a). “Come Back Skaters/Couples” must not fulfil the requirements of the minimum Grand Prix score and would be considered for selection as an Organizing ISU Member Choice. A come back under this clause is allowed only once in their competitive career for any Skater/Couple.[/I]

source

thank you!