2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Men's FS | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Men's FS

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
For the team they’re sending to Worlds, are they taking Yuzu into account or are they going to consider he’s out for the season?

iorii

On the Ice
Where are the macaron bouquets?! The stream got cut and showed commercials instead!

schizoanalyst

Medalist
For the team they’re sending to Worlds, are they taking Yuzu into account or are they going to consider he’s out for the season?

I'm sure he'll be named to the team, since it's not certain, but I'm sure they will assure that any alternate is well-aware in advance.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I’d send Kazuki to 4CC and Daisuke to Worlds but since Keiji finished higher than Kazuki, I’d think he’d get the 4CC slot if there’s even a 4CC spot available. :think:

Could be mistaken but doesn’t Daisuke need an international ISU comp prior to Worlds to get a qualifying score? I think there’s a small comp (Bavarian something?) in January/February that would count but I’m fuzzy on the details and still only half awake.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Could be mistaken but doesn’t Daisuke need an international ISU comp prior to Worlds to get a qualifying score?

He does, which is why I could see him missing 4CC. JSF has already named two events they’ll let him pick from to earn the scores.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Can they send 2nd - 4th to 4CC? Does Shoma have to go? Hope he'd get enough time to rest his poor ankle... I'm sad to see someone attending the medal ceremony in sneakers for the second time this season :(

Danny T

Medalist
Yikes, if I see another pair of sneakers in the victory ceremony it'll be one time too many ��

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Can they send 2nd - 4th to 4CC? Does Shoma have to go? Hope he'd get enough time to rest his poor ankle... I'm sad to see someone attending the medal ceremony in sneakers for the second time this season :(

I don't think Dai has the time necessary to get the minimum tech requirements for 4CC - I think it has to be at least 21 days before the first practice. I highly doubt Hanyu is going. So it's probably Shoma, Keiji, and Tomono would be my guess.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Shoma said it would heal soon. He's also scheduled for a show in Italy in a few days, and as far as I know is planning to go. Tomorrow is the Medalist Gala, I wonder if he's going to perform? Also, I believe Shoma really wants that 4CC title. His position at 4CC through the years: 5-4-3-2. Would be bad luck not to go. Does anyone know if Nathan plans to attend?

rachno2

Record Breaker
Poor Shoma has been competing so much this season. He just came from GPF, after all. I think he should skip 4CCs, but I guess that isn't an option with Yuzuru still healing and Dai without minimums.

Seruleane

Final Flight
I don’t think I’ve seen Shoma smile this much. Also, him admitting his short height was pretty funny [emoji38]

I bet he's thrilled getting to share the podium with his idol, Dai! :love: I would be grinning like an idiot all day. Also, for whoever complained that Dai's scores were high, he may be getting the Carolina Kostner treatment, but I can't think of anyone else who deserves that treatment (even more than Carolina herself).

saphire

On the Ice
I don't think Dai could do 4cc either because he needs to meet tes minimum 21 days prior. I think they will decide the 4cc assignment tonight but not sure when media will announce it.

Danny T

Medalist
Nothing about Shoma's injury feels good, but at least the "not-bad" thing coming out of it is that this is probably his happiest Nationals win. He looked so dejected the two other years - I'm glad he's able to feel proud of his effort this year. And I sure hope skating the free didn't worsen his sprain even more :slink:

No one else aside from Shoma skated great, but I do think Dai got the benefit of the doubt from judges here. They went the maximum they could on PCS for him - and I do love him, all the way since Cyberswan - but that free really fell apart at the second half. He was exhausted and it showed, even though I appreciate him pushing through the steps. But I guess judges feel sentimental too. :confused2:

I do wonder about Shun Sato - what did the boy do the JSF? He got second highest TES today, and they really went down on his PCS. I mean, he's not 80+ PCS skater clearly, but 60, and not even mid-60s? This is like Tarakanova, boo JSF :shame:

saphire

On the Ice
Shoma said it would heal soon. He's also scheduled for a show in Italy in a few days, and as far as I know is planning to go. Tomorrow is the Medalist Gala, I wonder if he's going to perform? Also, I believe Shoma really wants that 4CC title. His position at 4CC through the years: 5-4-3-2. Would be bad luck not to go. Does anyone know if Nathan plans to attend?
I hope he withdraws from the exhibitions with a severe ankle sprain. As far as 4cc, it is 6 weeks away. He could go depending how he heals.

I don't know if Nathan plans to compete at 4cc. He would need to take time off from school since it is not during break.

Aglae

On the Ice
Nothing about Shoma's injury feels good, but at least the "not-bad" thing coming out of it is that this is probably his happiest Nationals win. He looked so dejected the two other years - I'm glad he's able to feel proud of his effort this year. And I sure hope skating the free didn't worsen his sprain even more :slink:

He said the injury helped him have faith in himself in his interview https://twitter.com/yawning_shoma/status/1077187433723236352
He blessed us with a lot of heartfelt smiles, so I think he will be fine :)