2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 884 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Andrea82

Medalist
:rock:

The other question I have is this. Does the ISU care at all that the Russian Federation is making open mockery of the ISU rules about deadlines for selecting the teams? Someone should complain to ... Lakernik? ;)

ISU let USA and Canada announce their 4 Continents teams after the entry deadline. In the first entry release they were all listed as USA#1, USA#2, USA#3, CAN#1, etc because both finished nationals after the entry deadline of 15th January.
They can be quite nonchalant.

Georgya

On the Ice
That is the part where I think the federation is wrong. They are offering up Stanislava to be mocked and ridiculed by the fans, while masking their real intentions.

Oh please let's not pretend that the figure skating fans aren't already mocking and bashing Stanislava. After making the mistake to go on twitter and reddit, I now think that foreign fans are worse than the russians.

I'm tired of criticism left and right. I so dream of a scenario in which stanislava has the skate of her life at a big competition to silence all!

I wish to send love and positive energy to the russian ladies. No matter the line-up, I think they all deserve to be at WC and try their luck. Also I LOL at the mental gymnastics in messages posted here and other social networks to make a point that the russian ladies started "to crumble" :rofl:

The russians need to learn a new concept: the paradox of choice a difficult time making a decision when faced with many options :scratch2:

Georgya

On the Ice
ISU let USA and Canada announce their 4 Continents teams after the entry deadline. In the first entry release they were all listed as USA#1, USA#2, USA#3, CAN#1, etc because both finished nationals after the entry deadline of 15th January.
They can be quite nonchalant.

Shush! Only the russians are evil enough to bend the rules, let her/him live this fantasy! :laugh:

Arbitrary

Medalist
Just remember this particurlar WC is not Olympics tournament neither pre-Olympics WC.
So, the ISU may be very easy on any Federation with deadlines.
Playing games with the regulator when major stakes are accounted may be a path to death, but not this year.

Nika09

On the Ice
Now I'm getting panic attack just by imagining how this all things will look like, when in few seasons all Etery juniors will be in game too :slink:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Now I'm getting panic attack just by imagining how this all things will look like, when in few seasons all Etery juniors will be in game too :slink:

Nah, it's going to be easy: 3A with, may be, Alina, if she overcomes "her demons" (this comes from an old thread about Ashley), well, 4A then.

That's why it is so important for Liza and Zhenya to go to WC this season.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Actually, is the following scenario possible by the rules? W know Stasya is on the official list, while Liza and Zhenya on the alternative list that has effect only if one of main skaters get injured. So when Rusfed finally decides the final roster and announces that Stasya is injured, so that Liza/Zhenya can take her place, Stasya stands up and says: no my dear, I am perfectly fine! Stay away from me, I am competing! And threatens to sue her own federation. Can she do that?

Stasya and RusFed seems to be on the same page, they gave her so many chances already despite internationally she has yet to achieve something really big as winning Europeans, reaching GPF.

Many people thought her career was over after her outing in Milan, because Russia has dozens of skaters that would have done better.

I like her, i actually like all three girls here (but rooting more for Liza) but it's clear one skater has brought big scores and great results internationally, while the other two benefit from a bigger push from the Federation or some relevant personality like Tarasova.

From a scoring perspective

SB list (only international competitions, so no domestic nonsense)

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: 219.02 (which is actually the 3rd-4th higher score in senior ladies figure skating this season)
Evgenia Medvedeva: 204.89
Stanislava Konstantinova: 197.57

Medals

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Grand Prix: 1st, 3rd, 3rd (GPF)
Senior B: 1st, 1st, 1st
Domestic C.: 2nd

Evgenia Medvedeva
Grand Prix: 3rd, 4th, no GPF
Senior B: 2nd
Domestic C: 7th, 1st

Stanislava Konstantinova
Europeans: 4th
Grand Prix: 2nd, 5th, no GPF
Senior B: 3rd, 4th
Domestic C: 4th, 4th

malya

On the Ice
Oh man the entire narrative of the selection is so different insinde and outside of Russia.
I have been reeding up on the fan drama (I'm insane I know) and I have a feeling something will snap soon. If it goes on like this Zhenya will be the most hated person in Russia and it's sad to see :(

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh man the entire narrative of the selection is so different insinde and outside of Russia.
I have been reeding up on the fan drama (I'm insane I know) and I have a feeling something will snap soon. If it goes on like this Zhenya will be the most hated person in Russia and it's sad to see :(

What’s the narrative inside Russia? If Med was picked and won/podiums I think people won’t hate her.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The faux team. Its shameful. Whether its Liza or Zhenya it will be much better than last years worlds team.

Last year's World team had the GPF gold and silver medalists. They didn't perform to snuff but on paper they were good (save for Konstantinova, who wasn't a great pick to begin with, and bombed).

malya

On the Ice
What’s the narrative inside Russia? If Med was picked and won/podiums I think people won’t hate her.

It's not about medals at all. They hate the narrative many influencial people are trying to push that Alina was a fluke winner and will not have a long career. Hence a lot of media articles I always like to complain about (Like they judges should have put xy more points, she just jumped an extra cascade at the Olympics, Eteri favoured Alina blabla)

A few hours ago I opened Sports.ru and there is an outcry over an influencial blogger (10000+ fans) that is a Zhenya Fan. They got screenshots and videos of her calling Alina, Sasha,.. slurs and many other things. They threaten violence to Alina. They go to FS events and there is a video of this blogger calling out to Alina for an autograph. She knows her and doesn't respond and runs away while this woman shouts insults) They also film themselves laughing over falls and make plans to stalk her.

Many commentators are outraged at the actions of these "Zhenya fans" and because that woman has access to skaters, heads a group of fanpages and there apparently are fotos with Zhenya herself it's iks, let's go against Zhenya because they go against Alina.

Zhenya might have the support of the right people but the Alina defenders are more.

Dumb fanwar - > let's hit the skaters. If this nonsense against Alina doesn't stop anytime soon I'm sure there will be some people that think it's great to retaliate like this vs Zhenya.

Fk Russia.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker

It's really, really bad. They hate her for leaving Eteri. They hate her for betraying Russia. They hate her because of all the media attention that was on her and not on Alina after Alina won the Olympics. They hate her because they think she's a liar with too much influence in the Federation and in the media, and now the latest reason to hate her is because she used her connections to steal the Worlds spot from Liza. If she had won medals this season, maybe they would be quieter, but I don't think the general feeling would be that different underneath.

malya

On the Ice
It's really, really bad. They hate her for leaving Eteri. They hate her for betraying Russia. They hate her because of all the media attention that was on her and not on Alina after Alina won the Olympics. They hate her because they think she's a liar with too much influence in the Federation and in the media, and now the latest reason to hate her is because she used her connections to steal the Worlds spot from Liza. If she had won medals this season, maybe they would be quieter, but I don't think the general feeling would be that different underneath.

And people try to spread misinformation to english speaking FS fans :)

Try opening a news site in Russia (maybe even the worst Sports.ru? There are lot's people fed up with Zhenya and started already to make fun of her falling too. Maybe it will go to the extreme of the other lady, that's what I am afraid of) Just use google translate. Reed the articles, read what is written. Don't be dumb just because you hate Et*ri or whatever.

Wouldn't it be great if international Zhenya were the one to stop these people? Maybe then Zhenya and her fans will have a better reputation in Russia.

rikaquegira

On the Ice

at least it seems these are just internet trolls and cowards because at the actual competitions in Russia the crowd seems absolutely supportive, they LOVE Evgenia! :pray:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Last year's World team had the GPF gold and silver medalists. They didn't perform to snuff but on paper they were good (save for Konstantinova, who wasn't a great pick to begin with, and bombed).

Alina was burnt out. She wont be this worlds. SS is more reliable than Masha who disappointed at olympics and worlds last year and Liza or Zhenya are better than Stasya although SK improved this season. Stasya bombed euros SP and failed at cup finals. She had chances for the world team and rusfed wanted her on the team. This years worlds team is much better.

Watch

Final Flight

Try opening a news site in Russia (maybe even the worst Sports.ru? There are lot's people fed up with Zhenya and started already to make fun of her falling too. Maybe it will go to the extreme of the other lady, that's what I am afraid of) Just use google translate. Reed the articles, read what is written. Don't be dumb just because you hate Et*ri or whatever.

Wouldn't it be great if international Zhenya were the one to stop these people? Maybe then Zhenya and her fans will have a better reputation in Russia.

Wait.. what are you saying? What's an international Zhenya and what people is international Zhenya supposed to stop?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

I don’t hate Eteri. Google translate doesn’t really show the nuance imo.