2018-19 season non crazy predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018-19 season non crazy predictions

asiacheetah

On the Ice
In ladies, Zagitova and Medvedeva battle it out all season and Medvedeva wins worlds with a deep outside edge on her 3Lz and has upgraded from 3S-3T to 3S-3Lo and 2A-2T-2T to 2A-2T-2Lo. Zagitova wins the silver medal after winning the GPF over Medvedeva by only a point. Buyanova's girls all go for the third spot but end up faltering at Russian Nationals and even high PCS can't save them from the third member of the team, Daria Panenkova, who wins world bronze over Kaetlyn Osmond by 0.10 of a point. Naturally, Canadian fans are upset, but Daria couldn't care less and posts an adorable dancing video at the banquet. Japanese girls sweep again at 4CC, and Kaori, Wakaba, and Satoko are the worlds team. Mai is heartbroken and comes back with a vengeance, placing highest out of all the Japanese ladies at WTT.

In pairs, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin make the worlds team alongside Tarasova/Morozov and Stolbova/Klimov. In the absence of Savchenko/Massot and Duhamel/Radford, they win world silver behind Sui/Han and ahead of James/Cipres. Tarasova/Morozov lose out on a worlds medal because of their low PCS.

In ice dance, Papadakis/Cizeron get some questionable WR scores at nearly all major competitions and win their 4th world title. Chock/Bates storm ahead of Hubbell/Donohue now that they're training in Montreal too, and the US goes 2-3 at Worlds. Stepanova/Bukin get 2nd at Euros ahead of Cappellini/Lanotte, who continue for one more season.

In mens, Yuzuru wins Skate Canada but bombs at his second GP, reversing the curse. He is angry and wins the GPF, but loses at worlds to Nathan Chen, who lands six quads to Yuzu's four. Mikhail Kolyada wins his first Euros, and Dmitri Aliev and Deniss Vasiljevs make up the remainder of the podium. Boyang Jin wins 4CC and gets world bronze again, prompting him to get very angry and win WTT with a record-breaking score. Vincent Zhou places in the top ten at every competition but loses out on the podium due to URs that are finally called, and Shoma Uno gets 2nd at the GPF and 4CC, just missing out on a worlds placement behind Boyang.

Pretty sure it's supposed to be non-crazy predictions. Brian is not a miracle worker. He got Yuzu to correct his Flip edge so that it's now a shallow inside edge. I doubt a person who Flutz can now in less than 1 season get a deep outside edge. But hey it's your prediction.

synteis

Medalist
1) Boyang Jin will finally win a gold medal at a major international event.

2) James/Ciprès will emerge to challenge Sui/Han and pick up their first gold in the process.

3) Kolyada decides to become known as an artist instead of pushing on the 4Lz while Aliev becomes his opposite in focus. They develop a great rivalry.

4) Shoma's short program is a hip hop piece in great Daisuke tradition that Kenji Miyamoto choreos.

5) Yuzuru has a deeply experimental LP that's very polarizing.

6) The American ladies stabilize now that the spotlight is on Nathan and the men and learn at last how to work the system a little.

7) Wakaba has a stunning season and lands the 3A in competition.

8) Tuktamysheva has a come back but is unable to replicate her near perfect season from a couple of years back. She retires at the end of the season and opens a jump clinic that's famous around the world.

9) Osmond, Medvedeva and Zagitova all open the season looking shaky and people predict that their time has come and gone only for them to pick up speed late in the season and battle fiercely and cleanly at Worlds. The final point differential between the three of them is under a point.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
1) Boyang Jin will finally win a gold medal at a major international event.

2) James/Ciprès will emerge to challenge Sui/Han and pick up their first gold in the process.

3) Kolyada decides to become known as an artist instead of pushing on the 4Lz while Aliev becomes his opposite in focus. They develop a great rivalry.

4) Shoma's short program is a hip hop piece in great Daisuke tradition that Kenji Miyamoto choreos.

5) Yuzuru has a deeply experimental LP that's very polarizing.

6) The American ladies stabilize now that the spotlight is on Nathan and the men and learn at last how to work the system a little.

7) Wakaba has a stunning season and lands the 3A in competition.

8) Tuktamysheva has a come back but is unable to replicate her near perfect season from a couple of years back. She retires at the end of the season and opens a jump clinic that's famous around the world.

9) Osmond, Medvedeva and Zagitova all open the season looking shaky and people predict that their time has come and gone only for them to pick up speed late in the season and battle fiercely and cleanly at Worlds. The final point differential between the three of them is under a point.

He won 4 continents. That's the equivalent to an European championship and is one of the top 4 FS competition. I think he already got this one.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
In ladies, Zagitova and Medvedeva battle it out all season and Medvedeva wins worlds with a deep outside edge on her 3Lz and has upgraded from 3S-3T to 3S-3Lo and 2A-2T-2T to 2A-2T-2Lo. Zagitova wins the silver medal after winning the GPF over Medvedeva by only a point. Buyanova's girls all go for the third spot but end up faltering at Russian Nationals and even high PCS can't save them from the third member of the team, Daria Panenkova, who wins world bronze over Kaetlyn Osmond by 0.10 of a point. Naturally, Canadian fans are upset, but Daria couldn't care less and posts an adorable dancing video at the banquet. Japanese girls sweep again at 4CC, and Kaori, Wakaba, and Satoko are the worlds team. Mai is heartbroken and comes back with a vengeance, placing highest out of all the Japanese ladies at WTT.

I thought it was supposed to be non crazy predictions
:laugh:

russianfan

Match Penalty
Junior ladies will become an utterly one-sided contest with Russia getting at least 2 medals at almost every event. Kind of wishful thinking, but extremely likely.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
we usually have power rankings or predictions for worlds etc... but those come later on, when we have at least GP assignments. I will contribute to your thread then... but now, I find that pretty much any prediction made here is just as crazy as the ones on my thread :laugh2: especially those predicting podium sweeps.... enough said.:laugh2:

I don't agree. Non-crazy prediction means things which we don't know but which are likely like Med keeping her consistency despite the coach change or Alina not being hurt by puberty as her curves look like in good development already. Crazy prediction means anything possible like myself putting on skates and starting to win everything :)

Sveta

On the Ice
Here are my two cents:

Alina will have a good season (would be very surprised if I am wrong). She still has the one of the most highest BV, PCS with OGM title would play her big favour as well...She will be 1st or 2d in Worlds.

Think, Kaetlyn also has all chances to continue her World's triumph. New rules will also play in her favour. Just need to stay healthy.

WakaBond can still the crown... Don't know why, but think she will win either GPF or Worlds, especially if 3A will be there...

Think these 3 ladies will be leading contenders for the podium next season.

Now about my fav Zhenya! In crazy predictions, I would love her to win Worlds and be back like a queen. However, I think next seasons would be very transitional for her. She still needs to recover from injuries and adjust to the new workflow, as well as correct technique; all takes lots of time and hard work. So if she can stay healthy and fight for top 3, I would be pleased! (undoubtedly many Russian haters would bash her hard, but as Orser said, she didn't need to win every Worlds title on the way, it's a long-term work and goal, best of luck for her, I really want her progress and stay in the field :bow:)

Sveta

On the Ice
My non-crazy predictions:

Yuzu will loose his first GP assignment.
Yuzu will go to 4CC and win finally (hmmm...maybe this is wishful thinking)

Nathan will not headcase and perform to the best of his abilities next World Championship against the full field.

Evgenia will not win at Worlds, but will the following year (is that too far into the future)?

Sui/Han will come back strong and win Worlds.

Like this predictions, think I may go further with this:

Yuzuru will have sort of recovery season but still podium in Worlds and win at 4CC.
Chen will snap his 2d Worlds title...However will struggle on GPF, where Shoma will still the gold...

Zhenya comes back with 3d Worlds title in 19/20 would be dreamy...

Next season rivalry in pairs would be between Sui/Han and Tarasova/Morozov and I am so excited about it! Both pairs are very strong technically with the different style and hungry for come back season after Olympics...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
JSF will push Satoko and Kaori (well.....as much as she want and can push someone). They will do well in GP series but not so well at nationals since the competition will be a bloodbath. But one of them will be on nats podium.
Wakaba will add 3A in the long but the landing will not be clean till GPF (yes she will qualify). She will lose to Zagitova at her 2 GPs and GPF by a slight margin as usual, and will add the 3A in the short too, and ditch the 3F in the short to be more competitive. She will won nationals and 4CC and will be on world podium.
Marin will rise like a phoenix with the likely emotional FP that Lori did for her, and higher jumps with always her smooth landings. She will no longer start season like Yuzuru and will greatly improve consistency. She will be on national podium.
Rika Kihira will make her debuts in seniors with her insane BVs and will break Zagitova's TES in the short. But since Mie Hamada don't want her to have her own personality on ice, and want her to be Marin no.2 with that pink look, her PCS will still low. Nerves will still there and she won't be on nats podium.
Mai will deliver cristal clean performances at every competition but will still end without a worlds spot.

macy

Record Breaker
a little off topic, but did we get any confirmation on whether or not wakaba is going to orser?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
a little off topic, but did we get any confirmation on whether or not wakaba is going to orser?

There is an article in Japanese ladies thread. She's back to Japan after polishing her 3A with Ghislain Briand. Seems like she can't move to Toronto permanently because she still in high school.

dobrevaria

Rinkside
Dance

P/C are winning everything since V/M are not there anymore (I think?). The #2 will be Hubell/Dohonue, since the Shibutanis will not compete next season. The third spot is free, but it will be a Canadian or American team (I bet on Chock/Bates or Weaver/Poje, if they don't retire). Russian ice dance will be the same so no medal at the big events, and Stepanova / Bukin will be ahead of Sinitsina / Katsalapov at Nationals.

Ladies

I see Zagitova struggling next season. Medvedeva as well, but not as much - it's just that she will not be as consistent. The third spot on the worldwide stage is open again, and I think it's likely to be Osmond. Japanese ladies skating will be a bloodbath as usual, and I see Miyahara making the World/4CC team once again. For the others two spots, it's between Sakamoto and Higuchi for me, but everything is possible. After all, Mihara and Honda are also competitive when they are on. Rika Kihira will be really strong on the technique but will have bad programs. I don't see her place really high.

In Russia, I see Medvedeva becoming the Russian national champion once again. Zagitova will surely medal, if she doesn't make a season a la Lipnitskaya and be on the team. For the third spot, I think it will be Sotskova again, because 1) she is coming from CKSA and 2) she tends to have good first-part-of-the-season. But Tsurkaya could take that place as well. No miraculous comeback from Radionova or Tuktamysheva. I don't see Gubanova being a breakthrough next season.
In juniors, Trusova wins everything once again. Kostornaia still second behind and maybe Tarusina if she gets JGP. Tarakanova will not be as good as before for me.
Panenkova in seniors will not be that impressive. Not enough for challenging the top skaters.

Gracie Gold will not make a come back and will retire. Same thing for Sotnikova (maybe she will not retire clearly but I don't see her competing this season - once again). Pogo will comeback but will not be competitive. The American ladies skating will still be disappointing. Karen is not going to live up to the expectations. Mirai will be so-so (is she even competing next season?) and Bradie will be consistent, but will have really low PES and a meh packaging. I kind of see Daleman making a little comeback, but not enough for the world podium.

And obviously, Japanese ladies are going to be robbed on PCS. But what else is new.

Pairs

A battle between Sui / Han (they are not retiring right??) and Tarasova / Morozov. Sui / Han will be the leaders I feel, but Tarasova / Morozov are going to win over them sometimes. They will still have a bad free program.

Men

Yuzuru will dominate in general. Not winning every single competition but will still be the man to beat. Nathan will clearly not win everything, given the fact that he has his university studies. We will not see a quad axel. Shoma will have the silver curse, or maybe the bronze curse once again. Boyang will be in great shape and better than ever.
Hanyu will lose his first GP and 4CC if he takes part in it. Will win Worlds once again, and continue competing. He will have totally brand news programs.
Nathan programs will be less good than this year and a bit underwhelming. Not so good season from him as well.
Shoma will have a good program and a so-so program.
Hanyu will get back his first position on the World Standings and will set new records.

Koylada is going to be extremely overscored on PCS, because of his World Medal.
Kovtun's comeback will be nothing incredible. For the Russian men, I think that Koylada, Aliev and Samarin are going to make the world/euro team. Not so sure about Aliev tho, because of his inconsistency. Erokhov will have a disappointing first senior season.

Vincent Zhou will still be the second American. The third will be Jason Brown.

moriel

Record Breaker
I disagree with people who say Sotnikova will retire.
Pretty sure she will stick around, always injured but still skating. FS is good PR for her, so there is really no reason for her to retire.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
This girl is practically retired since 3 seasons. Every season she say that she will come back, but she's always injured....and doing ice shows.
I think that her retirement will become official only in 2026.
But it would be interesting to see her really try to come back.

moriel

Record Breaker
This girl is practically retired since 3 seasons. Every season she say that she will come back, but she's always injured....and doing ice shows.
I think that her retirement will become official only in 2026.
But it would be interesting to see her really try to come back.

Yeah not really, so far her comebacks are pretty boring =) Pretty sure she understands she is not competition for the current crop, and will be not anywhere near the top ranks, but doesn't want to lose the champion reputation
But honestly i totally see her sticking around until 2026, or even past that.

Cindy1983

Rinkside
My prediction is that there will be a lot of turnover in US ladies skating this year and the next. Bradie aside, it's long overdue. I predict that 2-3 of the top 5 placements at Nationals will be taken by up and comers and unknowns. Bradie will lead the way and possibly 1-2 others will be there, but my bets are, by 2022, the bench will look different. I'like to see Orser take a US lady. I think there are a couple that would be good matches.