2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

Shayuki

Record Breaker
You Young SP
You Young FS

She fell on the 3A and had some rotation problems with the combos. Still, I think the music's pretty good on both programs. Although, I found them to be somewhat boring choreo-wise. We'll see if my opinion on that will change over the course of the next season.

Danny T

Medalist
Didn't really like Young's programs that much, eh. That 3A took an eternity and a half to set up :( I read she said there were some external circumstances though so hopefully it will get better.

Ye-lim's SP looks ok (music's boring) the choreo screams Wilson but it's not bad.

Rotation issues are as bad (maybe worse for You Young? I thought I saw Tom Z.??) as ever :(

Danny T

Medalist
From twitter:

Asian Trophy: Eunsoo Lim, Sihyeong Lee, Seunghoon Park, Sejong Byun

Lombardia Trophy: Junehyeong Lee

Autumn Classic: Junhwan Cha

Ondrej Nepela: Dabin Choi

Finlandia Trophy: Haneul Kim

*Young You to compete in a B level comp as a junior

leoleo

Medalist
You Young SP
You Young FS

She fell on the 3A and had some rotation problems with the combos. Still, I think the music's pretty good on both programs. Although, I found them to be somewhat boring choreo-wise. We'll see if my opinion on that will change over the course of the next season.

really like the FS music & costume! they could have done so much more with it but we're only in july! hopefully the program grows throughout the season. About her 3A, it looked good when she landed it in practice, crossing my fingers she lands it in competition.

does anyone know what's going on with her grandma? i saw people talking about some unfortunate recent events involving her grandma and according to her that's why her performance was unsatisfactory. :think:

skatenewbie

Medalist
Young program was not bad, i hope the SP was more fiercer though, the step sequence music was a bit meh for me. Her 3A looks a bit UR and she lands it but can't get hang of it and fell, just like what happened to Mirai 3A in Olympic SP. i hope she can get it in the end, 3A never been easy!

Kara

Final Flight
They just feel empty to me feet wise and lacking any impact moments except for the beginning of Young's SP and the twizzles in the step sequence in her FS. Yelim's SP was nice, but in like an overall nice feeling rather than some oomf anywhere. Same thing goes for her FS. But it is still July so we'll see.

Happy to see Eunsoo for Asian Trophy, but wondering if she's not gonna go to the US Classic since she is training in America and all.:scratch2: Junhwan for ACI makes me super happy!! Rise, rise!!

Izabela

On the Ice
Young’s FS is much better than the SP, but still both not good IMO, though I also read that she’s dealing with personal problems regarding her grandma, so her performance wasn’t satisfactory. I’m happy that she decided to incorporate her 3A now in her program even though it wasn’t successful.

I like Yelim’s SP even though it’s your usual Wilson program. She really shows a natural feel to the
music and as patient in her movements all throughout the program. Really couldn’t care less about her FS though. I wish they also work on her SS too.

So happy to know Eunsoo is participating in Asian Trophy, and Cha will join the TCC crew in their field trip to Autumn Classic :laugh:

breadstal

Record Breaker
JGP Selection Men's final results: https://twitter.com/tsuyoboogie/status/1020960575310913541
JGP Selection Women's final results: https://twitter.com/tsuyoboogie/status/1020967383509299200
Ladies qualifiers: https://twitter.com/tsuyoboogie/status/1020981194136027136

I agree, I'm also disappointed with Young's programs. I was not sure about her combination with Tom Z since beginning and now I'm just worried but well, just start of season, hopefully she will upgrade what she can. Yelim skates more elegant and poised than when I first time saw her but I feel her programs didn't evolve...which is (again) disappointing, so much potential is there in her.

On positive (and shallow) note Korean ladies slaying with their dresses :points:

Reth

On the Ice
really like the FS music & costume! they could have done so much more with it but we're only in july! hopefully the program grows throughout the season. About her 3A, it looked good when she landed it in practice, crossing my fingers she lands it in competition.

does anyone know what's going on with her grandma? i saw people talking about some unfortunate recent events involving her grandma and according to her that's why her performance was unsatisfactory. :think:

It seem that her grandmother passed away. With the passing of grandmother and Denis around the same time, she had a lot on her mind.

leoleo

Medalist
It seem that her grandmother passed away. With the passing of grandmother and Denis around the same time, she had a lot on her mind.

oh thanks for letting me know. that is so sad. i hope she stays strong and is ready to compete next season with a clear mind :(

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
On positive (and shallow) note Korean ladies slaying with their dresses :points:

I wonder if it is even possible for them to have ugly dresses. This season, many ladies have dresses in the 20s style. I wonder if they have the same stylist.

Kara

Final Flight
Yes, I've never really been disappointed with a Korean lady's dress. They're all gorgeous!

The biggest surprise from the JGP qualifier event has been the scoring and it's kind of striking fear in my heart. I thought we'd rarely see 4's and 5's especially unless they really were PERFECT, but they're giving them out fairly easily and this is Korean stingy scoring..This next season is gonna be a ride that I'm not prepared for.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
IDK, I guess I'm in the minority here but I thought You's programs were fine. She's a junior level skater so I'm not expecting top-knotch choreo at this point. Still, I think what she has is good. There's good musicality in the SP and I like the energy of it, and while the FS isn't my favorite I think it will serve its purpose well. More than anything her performances are what stood out to me. She has very expressive movement and she gives good energy while performing. That goes a very long way for me.

Her jumps looked decent. The 3A was nearly 1/2 a turn short but the technique looks good. I'd expect her to be able to nail that jump in another year or so. I didn't see that many URs in her FS (maybe the 3T on the 2A-combo) but everything else looked to be around enough...granted I don't know how she (or any skater) will get along when it comes to the quarter turn or more rule.

I'm going to go watch the others now.

TeeSaurus

Rinkside
I just watched more of the JGP qualifier videos and somehow got stuck on To Ji-Huns SP.
Although I think the music is a bit repetitive, I find she moves really gracefully and expressive. I had the feeling that many of her movements look a bit Yuna-like, like the flow with which she entered her flip (!), the spread-eagle into double axle.
She had trouble with a few jumps in the FS, but I’m looking forward to seeing her in future events.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
IDK, I guess I'm in the minority here but I thought You's programs were fine. She's a junior level skater so I'm not expecting top-knotch choreo at this point. Still, I think what she has is good. There's good musicality in the SP and I like the energy of it, and while the FS isn't my favorite I think it will serve its purpose well. More than anything her performances are what stood out to me. She has very expressive movement and she gives good energy while performing. That goes a very long way for me.

I didn’t even really notice choreo at all, at least in her SP...while I was presently surprised by Hae In

leoleo

Medalist
programs dropped for senior girls
dabin choi’s 18-19 programs
sp: don’t cry for me argentina
fs: carmen
choreographed by kenji miyamoto

eunsoo lim’s 18-19 programs
sp: somewhere in time ost, choreo by jeffrey buttle
fs: chicago ost, choreographed by akiko suzuki

i die a little bit inside every time someone does a carmen program :drama:

leoleo

Medalist
dabin on choosing carmen as her free program! she’s always wanted to try carmen and it’s the first time she’ll use a tango for a comp program since she moved senior. she wants to try new things and challenge herself this season. cr: https://twitter.com/lynnneposts

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
dabin on choosing carmen as her free program! she’s always wanted to try carmen and it’s the first time she’ll use a tango for a comp program since she moved senior. she wants to try new things and challenge herself this season. cr: https://twitter.com/lynnneposts

I mean....
You do you, Dabin....

But man it's disappointing tbh! :drama::rofl:
I will only accept it if it doesn't contain the Aragonaise, the Habanero and the Les Toreadors

figurefan0726

Final Flight
programs dropped for senior girls
dabin choi’s 18-19 programs
sp: don’t cry for me argentina
fs: carmen
choreographed by kenji miyamoto

eunsoo lim’s 18-19 programs
sp: somewhere in time ost, choreo by jeffrey buttle
fs: chicago ost, choreographed by akiko suzuki

i die a little bit inside every time someone does a carmen program :drama:

YES!!!!!!! Akiko’s choreographing Eunsoo’s FS! Can’t wait to see it at the Asian Open.