2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 93 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

princessalica

Final Flight
Kate Wang just had a pretty solid score in novice at least on the tech side. She had a triple triple. Short program tech was 36 points.

princessalica

Final Flight
Now that's what I like to hear! :)
She has all her triples and a 3-3? how old is she?

I think I heard she’s around the same age as alysa liu. She’s 13. She has a triple lutz-triple loop combo. She’s got tons of potential. And then Alysa liu skates in a few hours as a senior lady.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think I heard she’s around the same age as alysa liu. She’s 13. She has a triple lutz-triple loop combo. She’s got tons of potential. And then Alysa liu skates in a few hours as a senior lady.

That's great! I can't wait to see her on the JGP next year, then.
Should be good, they'll probably keep Hanna there and Alysa and Kate will likely be there then too. Perhaps a spot for Pooja or Gabriella or another lady we haven't seen on the JGP yet.

princessalica

Final Flight
That's great! I can't wait to see her on the JGP next year, then.
Should be good, they'll probably keep Hanna there and Alysa and Kate will likely be there then too. Perhaps a spot for Pooja or Gabriella or another lady we haven't seen on the JGP yet.

If alysa and Kate both continue their current trajectories, then they will be forces to be reckoned with on the jpg circuit. Alysa specifically is chasing the Russian ladies and wants to amp up her tech.

princessalica

Final Flight
Just saw Alysa just skated and scored a 63 for the short at regionals. It’s not over yet so I don’t have protocols yet. Also same region Emilia Murdock scored in that range in the juniors. Wish we could watch live like on ice network instead of waiting a week for the region to send footage to nbc

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Just saw Alysa just skated and scored a 63 for the short at regionals. It’s not over yet so I don’t have protocols yet. Also same region Emilia Murdock scored in that range in the juniors. Wish we could watch live like on ice network instead of waiting a week for the region to send footage to nbc

What region is Alysa in?

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Alysa popped her triple axel. Otherwise, she would have scored around 73. She could be dangerous at Nationals!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker

She popped her axel attempt to an A*, uncharacteristic mistake. Hope it's better tomorrow.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Top four senior ladies at Southwestern Regionals:

Paige Rydberg, Broadmoor SC
50.95 SP
96.26 FS
147.21 Total

Emily Chan, Dallas FSC
42.55 SP
86.35 FS
128.90 Total

Vivian Le, Dallas FSC
40.56 SP
88.29 FS
128.85 Total (0.05 behind Emily Chan)

Sonja Hilmer, Centennial 7k SC
31.65 SP
80.64 FS
112.29 Total​

princessalica

Final Flight
Clearly Alysa is not just turning senior, she’s coming to take over. Senior ladies beware. The 13 yo means business

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Clearly Alysa is not just turning senior, she’s coming to take over. Senior ladies beware. The 13 yo means business

I totally agree. My podium pick at Nationals is Bradie, Alysa, Mariah. It will be hard to knock Bradie off the top step, since Alysa has about 15-18 points to overcome in PCS.
Alysa is too young for Junior Worlds, so there's little incentive to promote her too quickly.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just wonder if 16-yo Alysa will find the jumps as easy as 13-yo Alysa did. Vivien Le was a wonderful jumper at 13-14---then she grew.

princessalica

Final Flight
I’m currently checking scores for New England region. Megan Wessenberg is only a few skaters away and scored 67 in the short. She might do really well. Really wish I could be watching now. I miss ice network!!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I just wonder if 16-yo Alysa will find the jumps as easy as 13-yo Alysa did. Vivien Le was a wonderful jumper at 13-14---then she grew.

or we could just enjoy her skating as long as it lasts and not worry about what may or may not happen :) that's what I'm doing at least