2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

MelDee

Final Flight
Exactly, it is logic they wanting NHK, but Anaysnake is implying that French fed is conditioning to let P/C going to NHK only if Japan send to Yuzuru to France.

That's not what's implied by Anyasnake. Canada and USA are automatically out of the picture because the other world medalists come from those countries and will skate at those events. With Russia it's unlikely they'd do their GPs back-to-back. They were in China this season, so that makes NHK the most probable choice for them.

Barb

Record Breaker
That's not what's implied by Anyasnake. Canada and USA are automatically out of the picture because the other world medalists come from those countries and will skate at those events. With Russia it's unlikely they'd do their GPs back-to-back. They were in China this season, so that makes NHK the most probablle choice for them.

I know it, but so what is that of Yzuru "trade"?

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
If this is true. I don't think Japan would care that much about having p/c? I mean ice dance is super small in Japan and whoever loyal skating fan decide to go to the event would go no matter if there is p/c or not.

They have been to Japan multiple times, and are very appreciated in shows. Plus they are the top Ice Dance teams, and since Japan is no.1 country in figure skating, they want to get all the #1 names. They'll try to get Alina or Zhenya too, if Aljona&Bruno continue, same, etc. All the 2017 World champions went to NHK this season.

sakurano

Final Flight
I must say that for the placement of the Grand Prix I am pretty new so I'm not sure how it works?

The winners of the worlds are guaranteed to have two Grand Prix but can they choose which, for exemple last years Evgenia chose NHK and its federation the Russian Cup?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Skate Canada is in Laval Quebec. It's really close to Montreal. I'm sure for some of the Gabois skaters and Bruno Marcotte's teams it would be a very easy choice. I think they probably could stay at their own homes until the day before the competition.

kenboy123

On the Ice
I doubt anyone would say no to NHK, and since all gold medalists usually go there, it would be the GP event of their choice anyway.

I'm pretty sure that they would put Medvedeva in NHK again just because of the amount of fans she has there, in that case...Osmond might want to avoid it???...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can't use the current top 24 on the World Standing list, because GP selection will be based on the revised list after the old data from 2015/2016 has been scrubbed, and the 2016/2017 data has been reduced to 70% of its value.

I have done a rough recalc of Ladies, Men and Dance (No Pairs yet), so here is a projected top 24 after the scrub:

MEN

1 Nathan CHEN
2 Shoma UNO
3 Yuzuru HANYU
4 Mikhail KOLYADA
5 Javier FERNANDEZ retired (at least from GP)
6 Alexei BYCHENKO (retired)
7 Jason BROWN
8 Boyang JIN
9 Dmitri ALIEV
10 Adam RIPPON retiring?
11 Max AARON
12 Deniss VASILJEVS
13 Patrick CHAN (retired)
14 Sergei VORONOV
15 Misha GE (retired)
16 Alexander SAMARIN
17 Vincent ZHOU
18 Jorik HENDRICKX
19 Moris KVITELASHVILI
20 Keiji TANAKA
21 Kazuki TOMONO
22 Matteo RIZZO
23 Roman SAVOSIN
24 Keegan MESSING
25 Alexei KRASNOZHON
26 Alexander MAJOROV
27 Chafik BESSEGHIER
28 Han YAN Retired?
29 Nam NGUYEN
30 Daniel SAMOHIN

LADIES

1 Kaetlyn OSMOND
2 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
3 Alina ZAGITOVA
4 Wakaba HIGUCHI
5 Maria SOTSKOVA
6 Carolina KOSTNER retired?
7 Mai MIHARA
8 Satoko MIYAHARA
9 Kaori SAKAMOTO
10 Gabrielle DALEMAN
11 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
12 Karen CHEN
13 Mirai NAGASU retired?
14 Mariah BELL
15 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA
16 Bradie TENNELL
17 Rika HONGO
18 Dabin CHOI
19 Marin HONDA
20 Nicole SCHOTT
21 Laurine LECAVELIER
22 Loena HENDRICKX
23 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
24 Nicole RAJICOVA
25 Elena RADIONOVA
26 Anna POGORILAYA

ICE DANCE

1 VIRTUE / MOIR (RETIRED)
2 PAPADAKIS / CIZERON
3 HUBBELL / DONOHUE
4 BOBROVA / SOLOVIEV (RETIRED)
5 SHIBUTANI / SHIBUTANI
6 CAPPELLINI / LANOTTE Retired?
7 CHOCK / BATES
8 WEAVER / POJE
9 GUIGNARD / FABBRI
10 HAWAYEK / BAKER
11 STEPANOVA / BUKIN
12 GILLES / POIRIER
13 MURAMOTO / REED
14 ZAGORSKI / GUERREIRO
15 FOURNIER-BEAUDRY / SORENSEN ineligible for GP - changed country
16 KALISZEK / SPODYRIEV
17 PARSONS / PARSONS
18 McNAMARA / CARPENTER
19 LAURIAULT / LEGAC
20 NAZAROVA / NIKITIN
21 WANG / LIU
22 CARREIRA / PONOMARENKO
23 SKOPTCOVA / ALESHIN
24 HURTADO / KHALIAVIN
25 POGREBINSKY / BENOIT (split)
26 SMART / DIAZ
27 ABACHKINA / THAURON (split)
28 SINITSINA / KATSALAPOV
29 MIN / GAMELIN

PAIRS

1 4196 SAVCHENKO / MASSOT retired? GER
2 4007 TARASOVA / MOROZOV RUS
3 3763 DUHAMEL / RADFORD (RETIRED) CAN
4 3275 ZABIJAKO / ENBERT RUS
5 3117 YU / ZHANG CHN
6 3052 JAMES / CIPRES FRA
7 3040 SUI / HAN CHN
8 2993 DELLA MONICA / GUARISE ITA
9 2905 MARCHEI / HOTAREK retired? ITA
10 2550 ASTAKHOVA / ROGONOV RUS
11 2498 ILIUSHECHKINA / MOSCOVITCH retired? CAN
12 2493 STOLBOVA / KLIMOV RUS
13 2464 SEGUIN / BILODEAU CAN
14 2325 ALEXANDROVSKAYA / WINDSOR AUS
15 2309 PENG / JIN CHN
16 2053 ZIEGLER / KIEFER AUT
17 1881 MOORE-TOWERS / MARINARO CAN
18 1788 CAIN / LEDUC USA
19 1696 BOIKOVA / KOZLOVSKII RUS
20 1689 DENNEY / FRAZIER USA
21 1591 KAYNE / O'SHEA USA
22 1416 KNIERIM / KNIERIM USA
23 1358 GAO / XIE CHN
24 1301 DUSKOVA / BIDAR CZE
25 1202 ESBRAT / NOVOSELOV FRA
26 1171 CASTELLI / TRAN USA
27 1109 SUTO / BOUDREAU-AUDET JPN
28 1048 RYOM / KIM PRK

irriya

On the Ice
He would get France so that P/C get NHK (trade) but again, not everything is sure, but that's what's planned. (French federation words)

I saw the news that the French federation is trying to get Hanyu. But what they did to Massot is unforgivable. And I honestly don't want to see them giving a plastic star to Hanyu for trophy :disapp:

irriya

On the Ice
Skate Canada is in Laval Quebec. It's really close to Montreal. I'm sure for some of the Gabois skaters and Bruno Marcotte's teams it would be a very easy choice. I think they probably could stay at their own homes until the day before the competition.

I thought SA will be closer to Montreal than Lavel

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I saw the news that the French federation is trying to get Hanyu. But what they did to Massot is unforgivable. And I honestly don't want to see them giving a plastic star to Hanyu for trophy :disapp:

He already has a plastic coaster so he might as well enlarge the collection!

(no, I don't want him there either but it might end up being inevitable, depends on where the top 3 from Worlds go)

irriya

On the Ice
Laval is really close to Montreal.
Skate America is in Washington State..which is close to Vancouver I guess.

Oh yes, you're right. I remembered that SA will be really close to GPF, and I mistook Montreal with Vancouver...Haven't had chance to go to Canada yet :drama:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

If this is just a plastic star that bugs you... the event was very well organized though. Stop guys making it this all about plastic, the win is important. :shrug:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must say that for the placement of the Grand Prix I am pretty new so I'm not sure how it works?

The winners of the worlds are guaranteed to have two Grand Prix but can they choose which, for exemple last years Evgenia chose NHK and its federation the Russian Cup?

Usually the top seeds can pick where they want to go and their choices are honored, as long as HOST PICK doesn't come into play.

The top seed gets first choice, but in this case, probably can't choose NHK, as Japan will obviously pick at least one of the #2 or #3 seeds.

Seed #2 gets to pick whatever seed #1 didn't pick, and seed #3 gets what's left over.

Seeds 4-6 have no choice of where they go unless they are host-picked.

If Kostner is retired, not sure what happens with that seed spot (may go to 7th place finisher).