- June Hyoung Lee
- Yaroslov Paniot
- Paul Fentz
- Maurizio Zandron
- Denis Ten
- Chafik Besseghier

breadstal

Record Breaker
Omg Gracie!!! So happy she'll be back, hopefully in the best form possible. And nice, Eunsoo got a spot! GP France ladies' field is insane :shocked:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Skate Canada International handicapping:
Men: This is even more favourable to Shoma than SA is for Nathan. The real action is for second place (Keegan, Kazuki and Jason would all seem to be strong candidates).
Ladies: Battle royale! Evgenia should win this, assuming she's healthy, but the podium as a whole has innumerable possible configurations based on the attendees.
Pairs: I guess James and Cipres are the de facto frontrunners, though their competition record is not so formidable as to rule out a few others winning.
Dance: Hubbell and Donohue would go in as the favourites, Gilles and Poirier should be good for second place as long as they don't mess up. Fingers crossed for Soucisse and Firus to have a good showing.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
So many random assignemnts but all exciting!! Quick random thoughts:

Men:
*Yee, Lee, Aymoz, Reynolds, Zandron , Paniot, Fentz, Harris , Erokhov and Lazukin beneffited from the post olympic retirements.
*Denis Ten still competing! only 1 event though :(
*Nothing outraging here but I wish Kerry had 2 events and Carrillo and Hayrapetyan were invited. I think every skater that made the LP at Worlds should get 1 event at the least.

Ladies:
*Full rosters for RUS and JPN !!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
* Rika Hongo is the only single skater from the Top SB/WS lists to only get 1 event :(:(
*Samodurova debuting right away
* NO more Perkova
*Shiraiwa sneaking in!
*FIN only using 1 spot!!:wall: This is their best discipline and a huge opportunity wasted.
*Hicks and Wang getting reaaally lucky
*Happy for Gracie making a comeback.
*Lots of OES skaters missing but that's a consequence of the JPN/RUS dominance.

Pairs:
*No more Marchei/Hotarek :(
*Where the hell are Stolbova and Klimov !:mad:
*US Pairs benefitting big time from all the retirements.
*TBD FIN pairs spot?? For who???
*Esbrat/Novoselov only team on the SB/WS lists only getting 1 event.

Dance:
*No more Cappellini/Lanotte and Coomes/Buckland . They will be missed.
*RUS inviting the armenian team not checking first they have already split!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
*Lots of lesser ranked teams making their debuts: Muller/Dieck, both young GB teams, Yanovskaya/Lukacs, Reed/Ambrulevicius.
*Carreira/Ponomarenko making their senior jump already. Ambitious.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Most surprising and exciting:
-Gracie Gold comeback!
-Starr Andrews in GP!
-Julian Yee getting his first GP!
-Eunsoo Lim getting an assignement!

Henni147

Final Flight
My reaction to the men's assignments:

SA: Good for Nathan. With two strong programs Vincent could be dangerous, but if Nathan doesn't mess up entirely, he should win here.
SC: Shoma Vs. Jason. I'm looking forward to this duel. It's been the same last year, no? :scratch2:

Finland: Yuzu, Boyang, Kolyada. That makes me sentimental: Yuzus first competition under Brian Orser was in Finland, too, with Javi as his older buddy. Now it's Boyang's term as a TCC newbie with Yuzu in the 'mentor'-role :laugh:

NHK: Shoma, Vincent, Aliev. Shouldn't be a Problem for Shoma, but that silver streak...
COR: Yuzu, Messing, Dmitriev. 4A festival? Plus Kolyada. He might be the lucky winner of that debut race :laugh2:
IDF: Freaky line-up :shocked: Nathan, Boyang, Jason, Aliev. Good luck everyone.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
*TBD FIN pairs spot?? For who???
:confused2:
The only Finnish pair that might even exist is Efimenko / Penasse, I don't think there are any other possibilities...? Finland skipped the Finnish championship pair event for 2018 because there were 0 pairs participating.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Grand Prix Finland handicapping:
Men: We'll see if Hanyu can finally break the streak. If he can't, I'd favour Jin over Kolyada, but either is a realistic possibility.
Ladies: Alina, barring something weird. We'll see if any of the other ladies can overcome Carolina's huge PCS to take second place.
Pairs: Sui/Han in a walk, assuming Wenjing's in good health.
Dance: We'll see if Stepanova and Bukin can generate some momentum to overtake Chock and Bates, the default favourites.

Tulipstar

Medalist
A few hours ago: 45 pages.
Now: 63 pages.

Me: :eek::eekn::hap93:

I haven't even seen the assignments yet, but felt the need to post this.

I will now go look:biggrin:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Is it just me, or does Keegan have quite a good shot at medaling, and maybe even a fair chance of the final? Maybe those 4A videos yesterday just got me overhyped, but I could easily see him in silver behind Shoma and Yuzuru at his events. Considering the uphill fight that Gabby has at hers, dare I start pinning my Team Canada hopes on Keegan for the home turf GPF?

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Is it just me, or does Keegan have quite a good shot at medaling, and maybe even a fair chance of the final? Maybe those 4A videos yesterday just got me overhyped, but I could easily see him in silver behind Shoma and Yuzuru at his events. Considering the uphill fight that Gabby has at hers, dare I start pinning my Team Canada hopes on Keegan for the home turf GPF?

Kolyada should easily take on Keegan in Russia unless he completely blacks out again

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Where's Loena? Sorry, missed quite a bit of this thread. Just wondering...she may not be an Alena or Evghenia, but I'd love to see her. Oh, and Finland seems just perfect. Great audience.