2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 71 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

hyperbunny

Rinkside
It should be noted that the substitution "list" that this thread has been using did not include K&K's Seasons Best from 4CC last year, for whatever it's worth. Additionally, they scored in the 150s in Asian Trophy, which gave them a new, much higher Seasons Best (not sure if this applies to Grand Prix Selection, but certainly didn't hurt considering the timing).
Very happy to see Fear/Gibson added to NHK.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It should be noted that the substitution "list" that this thread has been using did not include K&K's Seasons Best from 4CC last year, for whatever it's worth. Additionally, they scored in the 150s in Asian Trophy, which gave them a new, much higher Seasons Best (not sure if this applies to Grand Prix Selection, but certainly didn't hurt considering the timing).
Very happy to see Fear/Gibson added to NHK.

Only a win at a Challenger during the current season can guarantee you get added to the SB list. Prior to the 10 team list, current Challenger scores below first place do appear to have been used sometimes to validate an invitation, but it is not in the rules.

(Also scoring potential in dance this season is much higher than it was under the old system last year. The base value has gone up again, along with more possible execution points).

I haven't looked at the SB list on this thread, only at the official SB list, which includes 4CCs. (It would be nice if someone could repost the correct link. I know it is still on the ISU site somewhere, but I do not know how to get it).

Now, that Fear & Gibson have been removed--kudos to Japan for inviting them--Komatsubara & Kolleto would make the list:

1. Evdokimova & Bazin
2. Muller & Dieck
3. Yanovskaya & Lukacs
4. Torn & Partanen
5. Tweedale & Buckland
6. Koch & Nuchtern
(As far as I can tell Arnold & Williams are no longer together or at least not for the GP).
7. Shpilevaya & Smirnov
8. Sales & Wamsteeker
9. Urban & Steffan
10. Komatsubara & Kolleto

Since K&K now have two spots, however, I think Tessari & Fioretti may be the tenth team on the list; but I would need to see the link to the official SB list from last season again to see for sure. The personal best list has several out-of-date scores on it that make it inadequate for comparison.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Found the link:
http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/sb2017-18/sbtsdto.htm

Anyway, number 10 now is Sosnitskaia & Golovishnikov, provided they are still skating together. Tessari & Fioretti are one away from the list (unless Kuzmichova & Sinicyn reappear out of the woodwork. They did not go to Nationals last year and are not signed up for any Challengers so I'm assuming they're done unless we hear otherwise).

GF2445

Record Breaker
As of September 8, 2018 (12:00pm UTC+10).

GP Remaining Spots Update

Skate America

M: 1 USA Pick
W: 1 USA Pick
P: 1 USA Pick
ID: 1 USA Pick

Skate Canada International

M: 1 CAN Pick
W: -
P: -
ID: -

Grand Prix of Figure Skating- Helsinki

M: -
W: 1 FIN Pick

NHK Trophy

W: -

Rostelecom Cup

W: 1 RUS Pick
ID: 1 RUS Pick

Internationaux de France

M: 1 FRA Pick
W: 1 FRA Pick
P: 1 FRA Pick (Not ISU official, but to replace Esbrat/Novoselov, whose split has been confirmed)
ID: 1 FRA Pick

GarthAqua

On the Ice
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180903-00000188-sph-spo

The NHK TBA spots have been decided:
Men - Sota Yamamoto
Ladies - Rika Kihira

Both earned the spots through domestically held competition (closed one) earlier in July.

Good to see Sota back but from what we see on Asian Open, he is still recovering.
No surprise Rika Kihira got the second spot. They do have a special thing for girls with 3A. Poor Yuna and the other Rika, I thought NHK won't decide the host pick until all three of them compete in their first GP.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Good to see Sota back but from what we see on Asian Open, he is still recovering.
No surprise Rika Kihira got the second spot. They do have a special thing for girls with 3A. Poor Yuna and the other Rika, I thought NHK won't decide the host pick until all three of them compete in their first GP.

TBA spots are always assigned by early September. I think we will hear from the other feds in the course of this week.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
GP Remaining Spots Update

Skate America

M: 1 USA Pick
W: 1 USA Pick
P: 1 USA Pick
ID: 1 USA Pick + 1 TBD Pick (to replace Min/Gamelin, whose split has been confirmed
Min/Gamelin are in actual list once again :scratch2:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Skate America Host Picks have been announced.

Jimmy Ma
Megan Wessenberg
Nica Digerness/Danny Neudecker
Karina Manta/Joe Johnson