2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 74 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

Kara

Final Flight
Japan almost always picks from the top of the SB list so if they don’t pick Eunsoo I will be quite enraged. And China had a promising girl at the Asian Open so I wouldn’t count them out yet.

irriya

On the Ice
I remembered that earlier I said it was highly possible that Xiangni Li would withdraw the single and someone argued that she could do dual job. Well clearly not:roll5:

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Japan almost always picks from the top of the SB list so if they don’t pick Eunsoo I will be quite enraged. And China had a promising girl at the Asian Open so I wouldn’t count them out yet.

The girl at Asian Open has already competed in JGPs so she won't be in GPs. China's only option is Beverly Zhu who is 16 but she has no international competition before and she was still in Novice last season. So Eunsoo is the most possible choice.

Nirti

Medalist
What happens when there's no other replacement possible on the SB list?
Cuz there's now only Barquero/Maestu who can get one more GP and Pfund/Santillan who could get GP, only when there's not already 3 US pairs in one event...

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
What happens when there's no other replacement possible on the SB list?
Cuz there's now only Barquero/Maestu who can get one more GP and Pfund/Santillan who could get GP, only when there's not already 3 US pairs in one event...

If necessary, which we hope is not the case, they would probably make it an option for host countries to invite athletes who have earned viable scores on the Challenger Series.

zebobes

Final Flight
Even though the Japan fed has the reputation of always picking the best skaters, there was one year where Kaetlyn Osmond had won the Gold at Skate Canada, and Japan chose not to invite her when they needed a substitution. Of course, at this point Eunsoo hasn’t won a gold yet, but it will be interesting to see who they pick.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
NHK normally goes for high quality skaters. But Eunsoo is too much of a threat. Her best chance is at IdF or Finland.

You'd think Satoko, Mai, and Rika can hold their own against Eunsoo (and benefit from strong competition). Oh well.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Eunsoo deserves it quite a bit more. To the tune of ten spots higher on the current SB list and 9 more points on the SB list. Not to mention finishing 20 spots higher on last year's SB list. And winning a Challenger. And winning silver at her second Challenger.

I like Meite, but I wish this wasn't allowed to happen to quality athletes because they are quality athletes.

(I'm also worried about Dabin--who didn't wind up competing at her Challenger--and I'm wondering if she is going to make it back to competition in time or if Eunsoo might be under consideration by an event host for being swapped in).

Kara

Final Flight
Basically what Ice Dance said above. Highly disappointed but not surprised.:/ I’m hoping that Eunsoo is actually already invited to another GP, but the announcement hasn’t been made yet (which also makes me feel bad because that means someone would have to have withdrawn), but if she really goes without 2 spots I’m seriously..😒

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Eunsoo deserves it quite a bit more. To the tune of ten spots higher on the current SB list and 9 more points on the SB list. Not to mention finishing 20 spots higher on last year's SB list. And winning a Challenger. And winning silver at her second Challenger.

How does this happen? I personally think Mae is a lovely skater and I’m really happy for her, especially after her Bronze in a really deep field at ACI.

How do certain skaters qualify for two spots and others only one? Why are GP allowed discretion on who they pick off this Seasons Best list? I’ve tried googling it but with no real luck.