2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 85 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

Spinning

On the Ice
Now people see that japanese fed doesn't think that she's a so big threat for her skaters that she doesn't want ti invite her.

Someone said earlier on this thread Japanese Fed usually using ranking for substituted skaters....

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Someone said earlier on this thread Japanese Fed usually using ranking for substituted skaters....

And some posters said when Maé got invited at NHK that Eunsoo deserved it more, and that Maé got the spot because Eunsoo was too dangerous and the fed preferred to chose someone less dangerous.

pearly

Record Breaker
In case anyone was still hoping, SA has published their music rotations and there are 11 skaters in the Ladies category. The 12th spot remains empty.

pearly

Record Breaker
Is there a detailed chart somewhere of the updated list of all the skaters competing in the GP ?

You can find the complete entries here, although Eunsoo is still not listed for NHK: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/figure-skating-events/grand-prix-of-figure-skating

Ladies: https://www.isu.org/docman-document...ries-2/17412-ladies-2018-19-all-6-events/file

Can I just say that these new assignments are crappy for all three ladies - Starr, Angela and Eunsoo all get to compete two weeks in a row. Angela and Eunsoo have competitions in Asia and Europe and both train in NA. Let's hope they don't mind.

DenissVFan

Medalist
In case anyone was still hoping, SA has published their music rotations and there are 11 skaters in the Ladies category. The 12th spot remains empty.

Too bad :eek:hwell:
I know they didn't have to invite a substitute at such a short notice but they could have, if not a Russian, then a foreign skater training in the US, for the sake of both the skaters and the audience.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Too bad :eek:hwell:
I know they didn't have to invite a substitute at such a short notice but they could have, if not a Russian, then a foreign skater training in the US, for the sake of both the skaters and the audience.

I don't know why to waste a spot. There are plenty of skaters who train in US and who could have got that spot. Or maybe they don't want to have additional costs?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
At this point I get it. I’ve seen online that some skaters are already travelling to SA. I think the 12th spot will remain empty.

pearly

Record Breaker
This is not the first GP event to have less than the full number of skaters. Maybe they did invite someone and they turned it down. Maybe they just decided to save that money. Who knows.

moriel

Record Breaker
With all due love, it is likely not trivial to fill in the spot on short notice.
Not all skaters are available, simply put.
And its not like they can send the invite to 50 people and then take in the first to answer.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You really think the skaters should be subjected to the fan wars here? :laugh:

Of course not. I was just getting disgusted with the fans who think it's UNFAIR that the hosts have a say in the invitations when THEY KNOW BETTER! It should go according to the list (except for the people above their favorite)!

Having the fans vote on entries in the team cheesefest in Spokane (I'm blanking on the name) didn't work out so well.

Of course not. I was just getting disgusted with the fans who think it's UNFAIR that the hosts have a say in the invitations when THEY KNOW BETTER! It should go according to the list (except for the people above their favorite)!

Having the fans vote on entries in the team cheesefest in Spokane (I'm blanking on the name) didn't work out so well.

Well I was just trying to be funny, but for an overall event where the results count for ranking points, reputation both within the federation and internationally... I think it's understandable that there're concerns there, and it does seem too political.