2018-2019 Grand Prix Final Men's Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Grand Prix Final Men's Free Skate

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Congrats to all the men (all 6 tbh), especially my eternal silver prince Shoma and fellow k-man Junhwan:luv17: (A Korean man winning a medal at GPF, I never in my life imagined this growing up:drama::love:)

I've struggled like no one's business to find clips of this but eventually managed:laugh15: not the best competition this year IMHO, but they still did pretty well considering the occasion.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
congratulations to all the winners but especially to junliet, first korean man on a gpf podium:gclap:

special shoutout to uncle sergei: I’ll never stop admiring his resilience and passion, his performance wasn’t there, the tech score was a nightmare, but I love him and I always will, no matter what :dev2:

AJVMSA8588

On the Ice
I believe Jun is the youngest medalist at the GPF since Plushenko(correct me if I'm wrong), first Korean man to medal, and the first Korean since Yuna. So proud of him!

Is Jun 17? Was Nathan 17 when he received silver 2 years ago with the sparkling costumes and big classic music?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Is Jun 17? Was Nathan 17 when he received silver 2 years ago with the sparkling costumes and big classic music?

So was Shoma when he got Bronze at his first final in 2015. Yuzuru won Silver in the year he turned 18...I think at the GPF itself, so he was 17 as well....

And now, 4 years later Uncle Shoma is the elder statesman on that podium. At least one of them uncles made it to the podium, ha! :jaw:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
Anyone wanna take a guess on how many clean programs we'll get from the male medalists at Saitama

I predict one clean short program :devil:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone wanna take a guess on how many clean programs we'll get from the male medalists at Saitama

I predict one clean short program :devil:

Depends on whose in what physical shape. If Yuzuru matches his SP in Helsinki or Russia, no one else can touch that. If he isn't... well, Shoma's the only other one who's topped 100 this season. Mikhail's got 97, he's unpredictable to the max of course.

The FS may be closer - Yuzuru's still got the record but because of his injury, we've yet to see his done clean. And Shoma's, if he can resolve whatever is troubling him. Or Chen's... no, no one can count their golden chick- medals yet :biggrin:

alexaa

Final Flight
So was Shoma when he got Bronze at his first final in 2015. Yuzuru won Silver in the year he turned 18...I think at the GPF itself, so he was 17 as well....

And now, 4 years later Uncle Shoma is the elder statesman on that podium. At least one of them uncles made it to the podium, ha! :jaw:

With Yuzuru, Javi, Patrick in that competition, it was huge accomplishment for Shoma to get the bronze.

Nathan would be an uncle next year lol