2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

Hmm well you know there's the evolution of the sport and then there are those of us hoping there will be a revolution in the sport. Rise Up Against The Overly Convoluted! Simplicity Is Not A Crime!

:gaah:

Rise Up Against The Contortionists Heading The ISU! Because, apparently, the core must be affected with regards to balance while in a difficult variation.

At least a blood sacrifice would be fun if Satan decided to show up. But maybe Lakernik will be sitting right there, who knows.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
It's rather an odd ending pose in the FD given the lyrics. Then again, I'm not a fan of the music cuts.

I can see what you're saying about the ending pose. I actually like how they made minimal cuts to the song, just extended the piano solo at the beginning and cut 40 seconds of lyrics, which mostly consist of the chorus that could be heard elsewhere in the program. I really like the musicality of the twizzles and how the one foot combination step sequence matches with the staccato of the chorus.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anastasiia Gubanova is doing Take 5 by Dave Brubeck for her SP :hap93:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Lots of people skating to Oblivion this season...Egor Rukhin, Sima, Camden Pulkinen. Dima's version will be difficult to beat. I don't really understand giving this music to a 14-year-old, but Daniil & Eteri seem to just pick music out of a hat sometimes.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
I don’t know if anyone has already posted this but Vincent Zhou’s SP is Exogenesis Symphony Part 3, choreographed by Lori Nichol

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don’t know if anyone has already posted this but Vincent Zhou’s SP is Exogenesis Symphony Part 3, choreographed by Lori Nichol

Oh, all my least favorite things in one sentence...:laugh:

So much for the idea that there might be less warhorses in the non-Olympic season.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Exogenesis is considered a warhorse now?

I think so... Jeremy Abbott, Guinard/Fabbri, Zagorski/Guerreiro, Ashley, Kovtun, Carreira/Ponomarenko and probably bunch of other less known skaters...

Lota

Record Breaker
With how much it has been used in all the disciplines in the last 6-ish years? Yeaaaaah :dbana: Time to retire that piece.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I would really love to see people making programs to e.g. Hozier's music or Nothing But Thieves, but it is probably too much to ask anyway (but yeah about retiring Muse's 'Exogenesis', there are so much other piece so explore!)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think so... Jeremy Abbott, Guinard/Fabbri, Zagorski/Guerreiro, Ashley, Kovtun, Carreira/Ponomarenko and probably bunch of other less known skaters...

Coomes & Buckland. (We had three Exogenesis programs in the free dance at the Olympics last year).

shine

Record Breaker
That's crazy. I guess I haven't been keeping track. When Abbott and the Kerrs did it it was considered edgy, modern and fresh, as were their respective programs. And they were probably the reason why this piece became the warhorse it is today.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Coomes & Buckland. (We had three Exogenesis programs in the free dance at the Olympics last year).

A lasting legacy of their compatriots, the Kerrs, who they actually trained with when they were with Platov. Just less than two quads ago it was considered cool. Of the three, I’d say the music cuts of Z/G were the hardest on the ears.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Oh yeah, it twinkled in my head that there were 3 of them, but I could not remember who it was :palmf:, and Kerrs too who introduced this piece to Ice Dance. The theme is already very exploited and unoriginal, there are so many other artists making modern music with lyrical vibe that is interesting...

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I blame Carreira & Ponomarenko's success in the junior field the year before for last year's plethora of Exogenesis free dance programs. Though not for Coomes & Buckland's return to it & Hurricanes & Butterflies. I blame that on their low scores at NHK, Igor's lack of creativity, and the injury combined with the ticking clock toward the Olympics. It was a great program for them. I'm just sorry that it turned out to be their only great FD program over the course of four years.