2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - FS

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
IMO, Kaetlyn's music for the FS doesn't underline her strength and come across emotional empty. I think something modern would have been better.
Glad that Gabbi is back to Gershwin. Suits her radiant personality and today she was flying!
However between the two of them Kaetlyn has better skating skills and better PCS by far.

Roo87

Medalist
IMO, Kaetlyn's music for the FS doesn't underline her strength and come across emotional empty. I think something modern would have been better.
Glad that Gabbi is back to Gershwin. Suits her radiant personality and today she was flying!
However between the two of them Kaetlyn has better skating skills and better PCS by far.

I agree. Kaetlyn also has higher tech. Kaetlyn was behind Gabby by 11ish points, and with how many mistakes in both programs combined? 4-5? Even with 2-3 mistakes she probably would have won. I'm a big fan of both, but Gabby should up her tech if she wants an Olympic medal.

Grin

Medalist
If Mevedeva was Canadian ( WC 2017 and Canadion Nationals 2018 scores)

Medvedeva 233,41; 249,67
Daleman 213,52; 229,78

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I really enjoyed Gabby's skate. Very, very Gabby.

Kaetlyn's is saving her perfect long program for the Olympics I see. :p:

I really hope they send Larkyn. It's not like Alaine's BOW is that impressive.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I agree. Kaetlyn also has higher tech. Kaetlyn was behind Gabby by 11ish points, and with how many mistakes in both programs combined? 4-5? Even with 2-3 mistakes she probably would have won. I'm a big fan of both, but Gabby should up her tech if she wants an Olympic medal.

If Daleman does a 4T that should be enough of an upgrade.

If Mevedeva was Canadian ( WC 2017 and Canadion Nationals 2018 scores)

Medvedeva 233,41; 249,67
Daleman 213,52; 229,78

I don't think it's possible to score Medvedeva that high. Even with +3GOE on everything and 10.00 from every judge, you wouldn't get there.

withwings

On the Ice
Apart from skating personality wise, Daleman seems to be all about getting a medal, to succeed, to win. It is her driving force. Gabby is going to use all the means to rich her goal; there is neither obstacles or anything else what could stand in her way.
It is so noticeably, that for Osmond medalling or winning IS NOT her driving force, and not at all. She truly loves skating and then...and then, yes, she has to compete, too. There is no traces in her of this tendency to beat someone or to the very best ( even though everything is given her to be the best) Also, she always seems to be quite content with an outcome of competitions, too. Gabby will be using all the means to prove herself and other, that she is the best.
A competition mood fuels Gabby, while it does not work in the same way with Kaetlyn.
Just MHO

frallik

Match Penalty
If Daleman does a 4T that should be enough of an upgrade.
I don't think it's possible to score Medvedeva that high. Even with +3GOE on everything and 10.00 from every judge, you wouldn't get there.
rumors say she's going to demonstrate 3A:coffee: twice:dev2:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
They can maybe justify sending Alaine, or a skate off at 4CC, since her worst performances are still scoring significantly higher than Larkyn's best, but in the end I don't think she's had the kind of results to fully justify it. She'd most likely be looking at 15th-20th at Olympics/Worlds with how she's been skating the past couple of years.

The only issue is that 4CC is so close to the Olympics, it'd probably exhaust anyone who was going to skate off there.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I agree about the "Black Swan" for Kaetlyn's FS. It's a great piece of music if all goes well but not so great if things go off the rails. I like Katelyn's flow across the ice but I love Gabby's energy and attack. I sure hope Kaetlyn has a better skate at the Olympics. Wish them both all the best at the Olympics. Go Gabby, Go Kaetlyn!

Grin

Medalist

My calutaltion was quite simple. I've just added difference in Gabbie's points (16.26) to Evgenia's scores at WC 2017 (233.41)
Probably, if i'll try to make calculation counting every element, her score will be lower. But there is no need in it. I think you got my point without it. Fair gap between almost clean Gabbie and clean Evgenia is 16 points, so, at CN she will get smth like 245+ if she changes citizenship to Canadian.

withwings

On the Ice
I agree about the "Black Swan" for Kaetlyn's FS. It's a great piece of music if all goes well but not so great if things go off the rails. I like Katelyn's flow across the ice but I love Gabby's energy and attack. I sure hope Kaetlyn has a better skate at the Olympics. Wish them both all the best at the Olympics. Go Gabby, Go Kaetlyn!

In my opinion Kaetlyn never ever had yet a good LP choreography, a program which brings our her potentials and personality. It is too late change.
And, yes, Gershwin fits Daleman as a glove. Is she stayed with her previous LP, she never ever had a chance to podium on world' stage. Program is everything ,everything.

I have to admit, that from all the Canadian girls I like Chartrand the most. She has a gift to bring out the deep feelings and, at the same time, has a great athleticism. Though, the only skate she was able to use her potential was when won National title; it never happened again.

sowcow

On the Ice
The top two skaters in Canada never need to have their jumps reviewed for UR. Compare that to ladies from US or Japan. I think thats what she was getting at...and rightfully so.
They might notice Osmond's flutz if they actually bothered to do their jobs...
In that case they might call Med’s, and then where would we be? Let’s call it a wash. :cool:
Med only has one lutz per two programs. Osmond would lose more points.

...true, but doesn't Med usually have at least one f̶l̶i̶p̶ .lip per program as well!? :reye:
If we're gonna get picky on edge calls ... that implies edge calls for ALL jumps!! :roll5:

Grin

Medalist
...true, but doesn't Med usually have at least one f̶l̶i̶p̶ .lip per program as well!? :reye:
If we're gonna get picky on edge calls ... that implies edge calls for ALL jumps!! :roll5:

Oh, Med has lip? Never heard of it before. More than that. Never heard that a person can have lip and flutz at the same time...

sowcow

On the Ice
Oh, Med has lip? Never heard of it before. More than that. Never heard that a person can have lip and flutz at the same time...

Of course they can ... if the jumps are scored according to what jump was actually planned and truly 'attempted' by the skater! (...Alhough, I do take your point that in theory, the Tech. panel could simply 'score' the 'lip' as a lutz, and the 'flutz' as a flip).