2018 Challenge Cup | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Challenge Cup

Mawwerg

Final Flight
For me seems that Marin was promoted to seniors a little bit early... Maybe she should stay in juniors this season...

She had two successful seasons at juniors. Her promotion was expected. Nobody was able to predict such outcome. Sakamoto and Shiraiwa are doing better than expected this season.

sakurano

Final Flight
I think it's for a new start but I preferred the old dress although she is pretty too?

For Marin Honda I hope it's a bad pass and that next year it will come with programs that match, I know that his coaches were busy with Satoko but know why Cathy Reed was with her?

Who is the skater who skates on Sherlock Holms? it's very rare to see a skipper skating on this film it's a good idea with a choreography more push it can become a good program

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Nice ChSq and StSq from Natalie, but eff whoever thought that thunder is a nice idea, I'm deaf now :(

I know that his coaches were busy with Satoko but know why Cathy Reed was with her?

Cathy is a part of Hamada's coaching team now. She does choreo and works with juniors :)

sakurano

Final Flight
Cathy is a part of Hamada's coaching team now. She does choreo and works with juniors :)[/QUOTE]

thanks for the information i did not know, i thought she was just a choreographer

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Aww, Rika! I love this music and choreo so much, but she continues to struggle with her jumps. Such a shame that coach Nagakubo retired :(

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Not bad! A bit tentative and low energy, but it's a good warm-up for worlds.

I like it that she went for the 3T anyway even when she was so tentative going into the combo and had no speed. I like her going for the jumps instead of popping them.

- - - Updated - - -

Underscored.

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Yessss, Wakaba! They finally reworked that part of choreo that was giving her trouble (3S right bang on the music) and swapped it with 2A. A smart decision for the World Championships.

Shame about the fall on the second 3Lz-3T, but otherwise everything looked great. Hope she peaks at Worlds.

irriya

On the Ice
It looks like she was trying to add more BV by doing 2 lz and putting jump combo at the 2nd half. It's not easy to update. Sakamoto struggled in the early season but she did so many competitions that finally she made it work. I hope Marin don't give up and keep going. Still cheer for her and hope she can make it next season.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
PCS again looks low, but still not -that- low considering the fall and all. The SP PCS underscoring was much more ridiculous.

Nice skate, hoping to see it clean at Worlds.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Yessss, Wakaba! They finally reworked that part of choreo that was giving her trouble (3S right bang on the music) and swapped it with 2A. A smart decision for Worlds.

Shame about the fall on the second 3Lz-3T, but otherwise everything looked great. Hope she peaks at Worlds.

Yes, very smart to change the layout indeed.

Although I will say, the 3S was spectacular and so effective where it was placed before... when she was able to pull it off (Lombardia, CoC). She has a great, powerful 3S (unlike her BFF whose 3S is soooooo overrated :rolleye:).

theflyinggcamel

Spectator
It looks like she was trying to add more BV by doing 2 lz and putting jump combo at the 2nd half. It's not easy to update.

Wakaba has been doing the second 3L-3T in the 2nd half since last season :)

also i was glad to see they switched the spot of the 3S that was giving her trouble

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
@Winnie_20 are the pooh bears the Japanese ladies holding in the K&C your doing? :laugh2:

sakurano

Final Flight
It was not as puffy as before but I'm glad she did well except the small fall, the score is no comment it is 14 points from his SB that looks bad.

Glad to see her smile see you at worlds championships this was a great competition despite the low scores