2018 Challenge Cup | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Challenge Cup

Andrea82

Medalist
Dr Virtanen got the minimum TES for Worlds in the Short. He already had that for FS.

Adrien Tesson leads with 77.76

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Elzbieta Kropa((( Hope that there's not a health problem...

But this program itself (and Elzbieta's FS skate from EC) is one of my this season's favourites

QuadSal

On the Ice
Marin Honda
3Lz - Step out
3F -2t
2A - 3t - two foted
2L
3S
2L
2A-2t-2l -Zayak

Score:
FP: 111.98
Total: 160.19 in first place

She looked a bit slow at the beginning, step sequence, some spins and end but picked up the pace in the choreographed section and has nice posture.

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Gosh darn it, my Internet went out right in the middle of Marin's FS.

I wonder if her leg is hurting again (because of her chronic issues with hallux valgus)? If the jumps listed above are correct, it looks like she tried to go back to the jump layout from her junior days when her toe was bothering her (swapping the second flip with loop).

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
For me seems that Marin was promoted to seniors a little bit early... Maybe she should stay in juniors this season...

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
Just tried to upload Marin's skate to YouTube however it was blocked worldwide as I've been advised it "contains copyright content". I wonder if it's the music....

UPDATE: I should probably learn to scroll down. Yes it was blocked because of the two songs. I'm going to upload without the music I guess.

QuadSal

On the Ice
Niki WORIES NED
green jupsuit

2t-2t
1t
2f-1/2L -2S
3f-
3Lz - step out
2f
1a
Score:
FP:83.77
Total:136.63
Into Place: 1st

Loud shouts from the crowd at the beginning, nice musicality and smoth skating skills.

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
For me seems that Marin was promoted to seniors a little bit early... Maybe she should stay in juniors this season...

I don't know if that would have helped. Motivation seems to be a big issue for her.

I remember reading an interview with her coach Mie Hamada, who said that routine training is a challenge for Marin. It's not that she doesn't enjoy skating, but she prefers doing new stuff, copying Satoko's programs, etc.. In a way, she is engaged in her training as she picks her own music and she even designed her costume this season, but she gets bored with the "grindy" part of training and dislikes doing the same stuff over and over again. Immediately after winning Junior Worlds she wanted to do 3Lz-3T in the second half, as well as challenge 3A and 4S. I think the fact that she wasn't able to accomplish those things and ended up losing her consistency on toe jumps every time she tried to up the ante really took the wind out of her sails.

QuadSal

On the Ice
Nina POVEY GBR

2a
3f hand
3lz
3l -2t
3s
2a-2l-2t
3t-3l

Score:
FP:100.24
Total:150.74
Place: 2nd

QuadSal

On the Ice
Micol CRISTINI ITA

3t-2t
1lz
3f-2t
2a 1/2l aborted the sal
3s-1/2 1s
2lz
2a
Score:
FP:93.01
Total:144.32
Place: 4th

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
Just tried to upload Marin's skate to YouTube however it was blocked worldwide as I've been advised it "contains copyright content". I wonder if it's the music....

UPDATE: I should probably learn to scroll down. Yes it was blocked because of the two songs. I'm going to upload without the music I guess.

I present you the muted version: https://youtu.be/r7yLeKrvKdc

QuadSal

On the Ice
Gerli LIINAMäE EST

3lz 2foot
3f step out
3l - 1/2 - 3s
2f - 2t
3s
2l - 2t zayak
3lz
Score: