2018 Challenge Cup | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Challenge Cup

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Wow just saw Marin's skate, seems like she didn't want to skate at all, it was like she gave up in the beginning. I know she had a tough season, just hope she can come back stronger the next season

Edit: Go wakaba!! woah a new dress

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Wakaba slayed! :agree:

ETA: Underscored, but this event in general seems very stingy with the scores. I'd like this SP to be scored over 70, but I'll just be satisfied there was no pops :)

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Yaay clean! Still don't get why she keeps insisting on the flip in the SP. I prefer the old dress though, don't like the V cut of the new one, but I'm just happy to see her skate again :hap10:

Why is her PCS so low?? I hope it's just because it's a small competition

Alifyre

On the Ice
Will there be videos posted? I am too busy today to watch the live stream but I want to see my girls Rika H and Wakaba skate!!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
When, ever, will Wakaba not be robbed blind? 30.90 for a clean skate with very good Skating Skills, detailed choreo that fits the music to a T, performed every single moment out there on the ice down to her finger tips. 30. Point. 90. Ugh.

Eclair

Medalist
Good to see Wakaba in good spirits! Yaaaay! Clean SP! :love:

Just watched Marin's SP, too. Her skate is beautiful and magical even without jumps! Hope she's well ...

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
She will stop being underscored when the Federation actually starts supporting her. Until then, she's just another skater. No support, no PCS.

She did great though, knock on wood, really important considering the Worlds. For me, I love the dress.

sakurano

Final Flight
yay I came back for Wakaba she did a good performance it's sad this score so low, there must be an flip e and UR s, it's bad for the world next month, I wonder why the judges s hard on it? at least she will keep her head of compétition.

Too bad for the fall of Rika and the poor performance of Marin

Eclair

Medalist
yay I came back for Wakaba she did a good performance it's sad this score so low, there must be an flip e and UR s, it's bad for the world next month, I wonder why the judges s hard on it? at least she will keep her head of compétition.

I don't think so. Her tech was 38 so no UR or e. It was the PCs that were pretty low and resulted in the overall low score.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

The TES looks a bit low but not low enough for there to be es or URs.

It's just that her PCS is like 5-6 points too low.

And please, it's not that strictly judged a competition. Take a look at some of the names that are within 5 points of her in PCS - That shouldn't be the case at all.

Of course, a local, meaningless competition that she will probably win anyway but... it's a trend and I'm not a fan of it.

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Will there be videos posted? I am too busy today to watch the live stream but I want to see my girls Rika H and Wakaba skate!!

I hope there will be official videos available on the channel as I missed the advanced novice event... But if not, I have managed to record most of the top ladies in the junior event and the senior SP, including Rika, Wakaba & Marin :)

karakaka

Rinkside
Remember when Wakaba's PCS was higher than Alina's PCS this season at Lombardia? Or even when she was less than a point off of Alina's FS PCS at Cup of China? Poor girl can't catch a break. :(

Well I'm hoping that they're just underscoring everyone at the competition, but I still feel like this might negatively affect her confidence going into Worlds.

Edit: LOL judge 3 giving her 6.50s. Kind of him.