2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I really WANT to like Tuk, I do, but she crawls across the ice with super long setups for her jumps, and like someone said her choreography is pretty much only in her face. If she's going to end her program with upbeat music she really should ramp up the energy in her performance. Oh well. Congrats to her on her win and going for the 3A.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Stanislava: I‘m really not a fan of her jumps. That tano... ugh. And how she bends forward while landing... She‘s also a bit slow on the ice. Her emoting is pretty good, however. With the likes of Tsurskaya and Sotskova struggling, she could very well end up being Russian #4 which is a big surprise and a great accomplishment.

Actually, she already was Russian #4 last season too. It wouldnt be that much of suprise :biggrin:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Actually, she already was Russian #4 last season too. It wouldnt be that much of suprise :biggrin:

Well, she was probably more like 6 or 7, but she was TAT's number 1 :biggrin:

Anyway, this season she's looking pretty good, could be more of a number 4

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
:( for Rika, another eternal underdog favorite. -I wonder if she's got some injuries still?

Might be, I wondered the same thing. Have you heard any rumor since I cannot follow Japanese skating media? She looked distracted and very sad both on Sat and Sun. I hope it's nothing serious, I root for her so much and want to see her smile with joy again. :sad4: I hope she doesn't hesitate to take a break if needs be, to deal with whatever is distressing her.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not the best day for jumps for her, but I very much enjoyed her attack and expressiveness. She's damn good with her arms, did she do ballet or another kind of dance?

Pooja has had extensive ballet training.

This program must be brand new for her, as in only a few weeks old. I saw the protocols before I watched the program and was wondering what on earth happened. She'll work hard to polish it up, I'm sure. I was reading the music was Summertime, but it's a Porgy and Bess medley. I like it and am glad it's an all-instrumental version.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Unpopular opinion alert. :) I love Stasya’s AK free program. I felt that way last season (it was among the most memorable ladies FS programs for me last season) and I still feel the same. But Evgenia’s and B/S’s programs were EQUALLY as memorable for me! I thought Evgenia’s was exquisite, my favorite of her programs up to then, and she would have won Oly gold if it were up to me (though I understand the decision). I also thought B/S’s AK was brilliant, and I’m forever saddened that we never got to see it again after their season was cut short. Essentially, for me, each has their own personal stamp on AK that I find beautiful and inspiring.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really WANT to like Tuk, I do, but she crawls across the ice with super long setups for her jumps, and like someone said her choreography is pretty much only in her face. If she's going to end her program with upbeat music she really should ramp up the energy in her performance. Oh well. Congrats to her on her win and going for the 3A.

This is why her pcs are so low for the top skater here. She has been dumped a second tier skater. I assume Bradie is ahead of her. 3A or not. In light of fading Radinova, the struggles of Polina T and the UR's of Sotskova and a slow return of Anna P. She may be the no. 2 or 3 Russian which suggests Russia isn't as strong as we once thought - until next year.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Fun fact: last year, at my old studio, we had a trio to the second song in Liza's free. Except for... two of us had to pull out from injury, so there was a constant re-arranging of people in it :biggrin:

Singers got injured from singing? What kind of singing do you do????

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nice skate! Great to see that LilBet is doing better after all her injuries issues last season (and the one before etc). Some unsteady landings, but I don't think it would hurt her much.

LilBet though she is quite young and her mother may even overshadow her skating I have to say she really seems like she has been around the block. And she has been given the best in coaching. It's time she put up or... I mean it is time to see some real good skating from her. We've been waiting and waiting it seems... Practically speaking a lot of money has been put into this skater and I have been waiting for a couple of years to see the break through But I am happy for Liza showing she is a fighter. Mishin needs to get her tech secure and up the speed and pcs.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Pooja has had extensive ballet training.

This program must be brand new for her, as in only a few weeks old. I saw the protocols before I watched the program and was wondering what on earth happened. She'll work hard to polish it up, I'm sure. I was reading the music was Summertime, but it's a Porgy and Bess medley. I like it and am glad it's an all-instrumental version.

That comment was actually about Emmi Peltonen I believe.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist

I feel exactly the same, like, her jumps are exquisite but the rest is just lacking :( I still love her as a person of course but I'll take prerotating Satoko or rushing Alina anyday :(