2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Wow Liza is here to take no prisoners! Best I've seen her skate in a long time, even with the fall, and great to see 3Lz-3T again. Mishin School of Layout Design is now at a B+ grade :)

Danny T

Medalist
Huh, is it me or is Tuktuk a bit slow and tired today? Great energy near the end, but the beginning wasn't as on fire as the short or at Lombardia.

Still, I could love that Lutz forever. Just ... dreamy sigh :drama:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm so glad to see Elizaveta back in good form this season. Turnout on the 3A and a fall, but she's got real ice presence and technical ability on the jumps.

She's also an example of a performer whose skills in one area are jarringly not at the same level as everything else; sigh, all that two-foot skating.

Elaine

On the Ice
Did Liza just do a 3Lz-3T? Shame about the fall (and the step out on the 3A... but It's almost a routine these days), other than that, not a bad skate. Lovely dress.

frida80

Record Breaker
Huh, is it me or is Tuktuk a bit slow and tired today? Great energy near the end, but the beginning wasn't as on fire as the short or at Lombardia.

Still, I could love that Lutz forever. Just ... dreamy sigh :drama:

It's not you. She did get slower towards the end.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
So Liza continues her winning streak, will we get a repeat of 2015 season perhaps?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (RUS)

Turn-out on the 3A but completed the rotation I believe (actually might be < on replay). Wonderful 3Lz+3T with one arm aloft on both, 3T might be <. Confident second 3Lz into an illusion entry for a layback spin that's a bit simpler but has a good center. A bit more expressive step sequence with better consideration of the slinky jazz beat. Ouch, a fall on the 2A+3T, just not enough height on the 3T (yep, < on that). Clean 3Lo despite not having a lot of speed through it. Fine 3S, a little high on the toepick but good flow nonetheless. Great cantilever spread eagle. Good 2A+2T+2Lo right into a flying sit spin with a good center and a back entry into a strong combo spin.

I think the fall on the second 3T took a little bit of the wind out of her, but she fought to nail those jumps in the second half after that mistake. A few underrotations that I saw on the replay. However, she's in very good condition at the start of the season to be able to pull that off. She can still bring a bit more energy at the end to match the music, but altogether, the choreography makes sense and she'll only get better with sustaining the intensity through the program.

Total: 202.85, Free: 129.02, TES 67.69, PCS 62.33, -1 Deduction (3rd in the FS, but 1st overall!)

SXTN

Final Flight
That turn-out-3A is starting to become a unique Liza move. I would start giving it + GOE.