2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I’m pretty sure Liza UR’d the 3T after the Lz and the 3A (might explain why the score was low)

viennaskater

Medalist
Did not like that programme at all. Especially didn't like that ugly squat position she does down the rink towards the end. Cantilever spreads are best left to the men.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
So Liza continues her winning streak, will we get a repeat of 2015 season perhaps?

Well, hardly, competition is stronger today, but she can put a good fight for a medal. Bradie and Rika are in a good form also. Zhenya could progress. Alina is far away for now though.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Yay for Liza! That 3A is beautiful but the turnout is becoming normal with her. Maybe she needs to be a bit faster when setting up the 3A and entering it, she seems a bit slow. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that 3Lz! The 3T‘s in both combos looked under to me. She lost a bit of steam at the end, probably needs to work a bit more on stamina. But it‘s the beginning of the season and so far she‘s setting herself up to end up on the Russian Nationals podium and maybe even going to Worlds! Mishin school is being ... unique again in terms of program layout. Why doesn‘t she do a 3F but two 2A‘s + 3A instead? Her 2A is beautiful but don‘t you lose points if you don‘t include every type of jump? Also, she needs more transitions there‘s too much two-footed skating but that‘s a general problem with Mishin-like programs. Love her sass, though. She‘s really full of fire and energy this season!

Elizabet: Second silver medal this season already! The Team Eteri approach really suits her, no question there. A few shaky landings here and there but generally a solid outing. Could improve her BV by doing a second 3Lz instead of the second 3S, maybe even add 3T to it. Otherwise: the tango is a bit weird for me, I like the SP much more. But overall she‘s doing very well this season. Good for her!

Stanislava: I‘m really not a fan of her jumps. That tano... ugh. And how she bends forward while landing... She‘s also a bit slow on the ice. Her emoting is pretty good, however. With the likes of Tsurskaya and Sotskova struggling, she could very well end up being Russian #4 which is a big surprise and a great accomplishment. She’s getting a bit more consistent, at least in comparison to last season. Didn‘t medal here but it was close. I didn‘t see Viveca so I can‘t comment on that but good for her. Having a great skate in front of the home town and winning a medal is always nice.

Congrats to Liza, Lil‘Bet and Viveca! Also to Stasya who had a pretty good outing here!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Did not like that programme at all. Especially didn't like that ugly squat position she does down the rink towards the end. Cantilever spreads are best left to the men.

And why exactly are men allowed to do those “ugly squats“ but women aren‘t according to you? :rolleye: :palmf:

- - - Updated - - -

Methinks her solo 3Lz is underappreciated.

Methinks her solo 3Lz is a thing of perfection. :luv17:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The La La Land at 6:30 in the morning did me in. I went back to bed.

Congrats to Viveca and Elizabet. And of course to Elizaveta, the Empress (as she likes to be called on Twitter). I love Mishin and Elizaveta moments.

pearly

Record Breaker

Liza has a certain aesthetic (Radionova too). I am glad she is doing well, but I find her programs and style very trashy. There channel providing the stream did a little collage of her programs during ice resurface and it was really bad. I don't know if different, classier or storytelling programs would agree with her at all or no. Anyway.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I got a kick out of Piper and Paul's dual cantilever in their Bond program. Nearly as much as Paul pretending to drive a car.

Beauty is, as always, in the eye of the beholder.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Viveca Lindfors is the first Finnish skater to medal at Finlandia since Kiira Korpi's silver medal six years ago, and the first to medal since the Challenger system was set up.

Ziotic

Medalist
Overall I think that was pretty accurate judging.

I also though both of Liza 3T looked under and a bunch of Konstantinovas look under as well.

Viveca has the skate of her life and her jumps deserve higher GOE than Stanislava.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Interesting to see how Liza lost 6 points on CS compared to Lombardia.....Despite the fall she performed better.
Fed should give her some love during GPs. At this moment she's a solid Russian no.3, can even be Russian no.2.
Pretty result for Lil Bet! Good season debut. I hope that she will have her first podium in GPs.
Congrats to Viveca!

SXTN

Final Flight
Interesting to see how Liza lost 6 points on CS compared to Lombardia.....Despite the fall she performed better.
Fed should give her some love during GPs. At this moment she's a solid Russian no.3, can even be Russian no.2.
Pretty result for Lil Bet! Good season debut. I hope that she will have her first podium in GPs.
Congrats to Viveca!

Performance and interpretation is good. But the rest of the program is not up to the standard of 2018. Two-foot skating, crossovers and long set ups for everything. The only choreography is in her face. :shock2: