2018 Grand Prix Final Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Gala

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Does somebody know who skated with un umbrella during some of 90's gala shows? I was too young then and i cant remember now. Its a lady with a medal i suppose.

IloveFS

Rinkside
Because there's a limited number of people in the gala, and it's normal for it to be mostly seniors. I mean, you can ask why Ye lim rather than Sasha, but both of them weren't going to be invited. The only juniors who didn't win I was sure they'd add were Lajoie/Lagha since they're Canadian. It's not suprising at all that they didn't add Anna or Sasha. It is a little surprising that they did include Camden and Yelim, but like Moriel said they may have been trying to balance things since there were so many Russians in already.

FWIW, last season the only juniors added to GFP gala apart from the winners were Rika Kihira and Mitsuki Sumoto, and the final was in Japan.

I don't have anything against either Ye Lim or Camden being invited...that's not my argument. Also Sasha is not "just a Russian". Not many Russian ladies (or any ladies in the world at all) can do what she does...in fact, she's actually the only one. What I'm saying is that they could have made room and didn't. But whatever, I don't know why I'm even surprised by this point.

Edit: for spelling (oops).

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great exhibition from Satoko. Pretty dress and a playful side of her. :thumbsup:

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
This never fails to crack me up :laugh:

On a separate note, I thought Keegan was supposed to skate after the intermission? And the other Canadian before?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Great exhibition from Satoko. Pretty dress and a playful side of her. :thumbsup:

It‘s something new from her and I definitely enjoyed it. Loved the dress even if it‘s really pink and that normally isn‘t a good sign for me. :laugh: But this one was really pretty. :thumbsup:

frida80

Record Breaker
This never fails to crack me up :laugh:

On a separate note, I thought Keegan was supposed to skate after the intermission? And the other Canadian before?

I have Elladj on my program. But deviations happen all the time.

Vili67

On the Ice
Charlene Guignard in that Grease gala skating i think im in LOVE:luv17::love:

frida80

Record Breaker
Here's the program I have.

https://twitter.com/absoluteskating/status/1071872242852814848?s=21

I'm super happy about this large attendance.