2020 NHK Trophy: Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 NHK Trophy: Gala

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG! For a second I thought she was flipping us off at the end, but clearly not, I must be sleepy.

We love you Tom!! 😉

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Goodness why why why can’t he SHUDUP about Wakaba being the red hot favorite?!?! It’s NOT TRUE, it never was true and it’s just your stupid favoritism!!
I adore Wakaba, but cut it out already!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Never in all my years of watching figure skating did I think I would see somebody skating to "Do your ears hang low?" Even if it was various remixes.

Wakaba started off wearing a black tracksuit, to a sugar sweet kinda techno version of the song. Then, after a wee while, she opened the jacket to reveal a black bra with sparklies on it. Then the music got more techno, and the jacket came off. Then the music got completely techno, and the bottoms came off to reveal very tight short shorts.

There was one moment I thought the shorts were about to come off too! But they didn't.

Way to give a guy a heart attack, Wakaba! :drama: :eek:

I think we are definitely going to have to stop referring to her as "Wakababy" after this. Because she is definitely not a little girl any more.

Very fun routine. Even if the music was surreal.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The NHK Cup this year at least did something right...all the competition videos, including the Ex programs, are accessible even from overseas.
Now if only the same can be said next month about Japanese Nationals....

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After Wakaba's stripping, Misato and Tim brought our heart rates down again.

Tim in all black, and Misato in a matching purple sleeved top and skirt.

Nice routine.

And, as is tradition at the Japanese competitions, the winners get an encore. Which was a lively contrast to their actual gala routine.

CaroLiza_fan

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Daisuke Takahasi wasn't ready when they were called, so Kana Muramoto had to stand on the ice witing while he came running on! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan
Don't know if they showed the pre-show interviews on the stream, but first they interviewed Kana and Daisuke, then they had Daisuke stay behind while Kazuki came and they did some additional talk together. So Kana had more time to prepare than Daisuke, who probably really had to rush to get ready.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't know if they showed the pre-show interviews on the stream, but first they interviewed Kana and Daisuke, then they had Daisuke stay behind while Kazuki came and they did some additional talk together. So Kana had more time to prepare than Daisuke, who probably really had to rush to get ready.

Thank you for the info. That explains EVERYTHING!!!

Guess they aren't showing the talk sessions on the stream?

The one with Kaori and Mai was especially adorable.

No, they didn't show the interviews or anything. 😞

All we saw in the run up to the Gala was an empty rink.

Given that we are onto the winners now, I guess this means we are not going to get a solo Takahashi routine after all. 😞

Yuma Kagiyama in a black and white some-sort-of-big-cat print shirt and black trousers.

Good skating.

The tempo of the Gala has really slowed down since Wakaba. Even Yuma's encore.

Will Kaori pick it up again?

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Guess they aren't showing the talk sessions on the stream?

The one with Kaori and Mai was especially adorable.
Not much point showing it on the Eurosport Player. Europeans generally don’t understand a word of Japanese.