2018 Grand Prix Final Gala | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Gala

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That "Need you tonight" was so awkward with the shimmying. At least we finally hear an original INXS tune at a gala. RIP Michael Hutchence.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yeah maybe that answers the question of Elladj's absence. He was too embarrassed to show up and claim ownership of the gala finale! :laugh::devil:

lesnar001

Record Breaker
I get that you don't like Zagitova, you've made that loud and clear from numerous posts. But really, stop taking digs at her. I doubt she herself told Ted Barton to say that. How Eteri's team manages publicity though, may be a different story. I say "MAY BE" because we don't really know what happened. Insinuating that someone is not really injured but just being a sore loser is just :noshake:

Thank you.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
No it’s being a sore loser, plain and simple.

It was released to the media after they competed as an excuse for her losing to Rika.

If she’s skating today then the sprain can’t be so bad that it so severely impacted her performance. It was only released to the media to create excuses for her mediocre performance.

And I too have sprained my ankle many times, and been to the Dr who would tell you to stay off it, elevate it and ice it. Not perform in a gala where you could make it worse.

Alina is obviously tough and a fighter.
That's why she's Olympic Champion.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Just watching right now. It was nice hearing Eurosport Chris mention Jean Luc’s parents, it seems like he knew them back in the day.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Just watching right now. It was nice hearing Eurosport Chris mention Jean Luc’s parents, it seems like he knew them back in the day.

I dunno about Chris, but certainly Simon knew his Mother Sharon Jones and commentated on her and Paul Askham for the years they competed and ITV covered skating, from early 80s till the early 90s. Simon was the lead commentator and Sharon and Paul competed till 1989 before turning pro. Simon joined Eurosport after ITV stopped showing Skating, but they were great days.