2018 Grand Prix Final Men's Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Men's Short Program

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Why you are right. You are so right. Did you say Baileys? And caramel? I am in awe of your rightness. [repeat ad nauseum I get my grubby paws on teh goodies...]

You can have some and keep your disagreeing opinions. I might give you some of my pecan pie if you agree though.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Have to say from being in the arena that Chen's performance was brilliant. Still can't get down with 1st and no combo. But brilliant.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Have to say from being in the arena that Chen's performance was brilliant. Still can't get down with 1st and no combo. But brilliant.

I would have given him high marks in PE and IE, but the fall definitely should have been called (which would have capped his PCS marks), and some of his GOEs are... questionable.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My good people, I agree that Nathan Chen and Uno Shoma's scores and placings have issues, but can't we all agree that although improved, judges are refusing to give Junhwan his deserved PCS?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
While we wait for the protocols, interesting how close the PCS are. Around 40 to 44 for the men with Nathan and Shoma only a bit more than 1 point above Michal.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Protocols up!

Report: Nathan Chen: 4F (clean), Uno Shoma: 4T<

s_parks

Record Breaker
My good people, I agree that Nathan Chen and Uno Shoma's scores and placings have issues, but can't we all agree that although improved, judges are refusing to give Junhwan his deserved PCS?

I'm not pretending jun hwan is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but there's some age bias going on tbh.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm not pretending jun hwan is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but there's some age bias going on tbh.

Yeah, I am a uber-fangirl, but I'm not saying he deserves the same PCS with skaters like Uno Shoma. I'm just saying that he isn't getting the full goods.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Enjoyable men’s short despite the mistakes. I thought the guys looked fab and all had great hair! :love: Most annoying part of the event was that awful announcer. What the heck???

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ah, Keegan's TES dropped because of URs on the quad and 3A. That's not a usual thing for him, but again, he looked off here.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Um, can anybody tell me WHY THE (bleep) did Junhwan's 4S got a <??????? It looked fully rotated to me when I watched in slow-mo, but I am terrible with URs so

s_parks

Record Breaker
Um, can anybody tell me WHY THE (bleep) did Junhwan's 4S got a <??????? It looked fully rotated to me when I watched in slow-mo, but I am terrible with URs so

Just when he finally got all level 4s and decent pcs, lol! Jackie Wong said it looked borderline. Oh well, it's not like he hasn't rotated quads before; I'm sure he and Brian will have seen that and really work on it.

oly2018

Final Flight

I could see it in the replay. I am more surprised by the lack of -GOE

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Michal actually got the most GOE, followed by Jun. One small consolation :)

shine

Record Breaker

Yes, I truly believe his PCS should be in line with Chen/Uno.