2018 Internationaux de France: GP Predictions Game Round 6 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France: GP Predictions Game Round 6

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Dance scoring is done! Overall, this was a pretty good event. And now, medalists!

Gold: Spirals for Miles, ruga, zenskate, moriel, moonstruck, Step Sequence4, MelDee, bennorii, Hyena, lichi, surimi, kathali, cake, TheBallerina, MrECartman, katymay, ladykk, Pippuriphvi, Roast Toast, rosacotton, kois, MalAssada, lady_bee, nipman, PululaFan, semosk8tfan, IndiaP12, and snowflake, with 75 points! :yahoo:
Silver: Nathan13, SashaJuliaSpins, GINO, Poice, Baron Vladmir, SubRosa, StitchMonkey, bakedpotato, selene16angie, Chris Cooper, [email protected], Amelia, Pandicorn, danse, Antyv, alinaharry, itofan, casualfan, and npavel, with 70 points! :hap36:
Bronze: Mohacz, Azcha, gonewiththewind25, IceBallerina, moonkat, rachno2, Ulrica, chasseneige, CanadianSkaterGuy, SnowWhite, Weathergal, sunnystars, lavenderblossom, Fluture, Yuzuruu, DenissVFan, Mrs. P, Koatterce, NoNameFace, charmblade, FS101, Phireye, Katie0906, Nirti, laiyamanika, okokok1777, dodobirdo, alyssamarie, Skater Boy, cathlen, Kittosuni, Nika09, skateflake, Dreamer57, BluishHush, icedance, randomfan, sisy, kathisteff, marulia, Moxiejan, desertskates, Puchi, Kirei, Nyscorp6, and zebobes, with 65 points! :dance:

Most common error was interchanging silver and bronze. Also, I score by hand, so if you think your score is wrong, PM me and I'll fix it. :)

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
First gold! :hap93:

My scores for the other disciplines though :no:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yay, another bronze! :yahoo: Other predictions are better not mentioned.....

LadyB

Record Breaker
Men's results

Boyang Jin not performing to expectations and Jason being better than believed cost a few points. A switch of place between Sasha and Dima was another regular feature.

Gold with 60 points: satine, Crossover. :hap10:
Silver with 55 points: SashaJuliaSpins, gizmo
Bronze with 50 points: zenskate, Seven Sisters, Danny T, Klarnet, Lyssa, BluishHush, MrECartman, Poice, StitchMonkey, surimi, readernick, Baron Vladimir.

Many congratulations to all the medal winners!!! Sorry, my emojis are playing up! Results in spreadsheet by tonight. Watching gala first.
If something is wrong, pls PM me.

gizmo

On the Ice
Men's results

Boyang Jin not performing to expectations and Jason being better than believed cost a few points. A switch of place between Sasha and Dima was another regular feature.

Bronze with 50 points: zenskate, Seven Sisters, Danny T, Klarnet, Lyssa, BluishHush, MrECartman, Poice, StitchMonkey, surimi, readernick, Baron Vladimir.

Many congratulations to all the medal winners!!! Sorry, my emojis are playing up! Results in spreadsheet by tonight. Watching gala first.

Glad I trusted Jason.... I got Silver too🤣

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I feel like Jason does exactly the opposite of whatever most people --- AKA ME -- predicts him to do. :laugh:

I predicted 3rd at SCI.... :slink:
I predicted 5th at IdF.... :party:

In other words, don't trust my predictions.

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Yay, a gold in men! I thought I did well because I had the top 5 exactly right, save for boyang in 2nd instead of Jason. Thanks, LadyB :biggrin:

Deal. Let's compare your Rostelecom results with mine from IdF next week. ;)

@el henry, looks like YOU WON...convincingly.

el henry Rostelecom:
Ladies: 50
Men: 35
Pairs: 55
Dance: 65

Off My Rocker (via 3-yr-old “associate”) IdF:
Ladies: 5 (FIVE!)
Men: 15
Pairs: 50 (blind luck)
Dance: 10

Looks like booby prize for me this round. :eek:hwell:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I feel like Jason does exactly the opposite of whatever most people --- AKA ME -- predicts him to do. :laugh:

I have noticed that too. When people predict he does well I get nervous... when they predict bad things I usually know he is going to do better than expected.

Still happy at least got bronze for my tradition this time!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have noticed that too. When people predict he does well I get nervous... when they predict bad things I usually know he is going to do better than expected.

Still happy at least got bronze for my tradition this time!

:clap: for tradition.

I actually had Nathan in first and Jason in second. Yay me. unfortunately, I did not have Samarin anywhere near a podium. :biggrin:

Isn’t there a “small medal” for getting first and second right;)

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Men's results

:eekn: :laugh2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
:clap: for tradition.

I actually had Nathan in first and Jason in second. Yay me. unfortunately, I did not have Samarin anywhere near a podium. :biggrin:

Isn’t there a “small medal” for getting first and second right;)

I underestimated Samarin and overestimated Aliev, even though my instinct was to do the exact opposite.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Apologies for being so late, but here are Pairs Results!

GOLD: icedance, IlVoloFan and Jeanie19 with score of65 points:hb::cheer:
SILVER: Skatie with 60 points:party2::cool14:
BRONZE with number of 30 people: alyssamarie, Baron Vladimir, CaroLiza_fan, cathlen, charmblade, Dreamer57, el henry, Fish in the sea, Fluture, hydroblader, itofan, Katie0906, Kittosuni, lavenderblossom, Lyssa, MalAssada, Marius, Pippuripihvi, Poice, ragdoll, Sam-Skwantch, selene16angie, silver.blades, SnowWhite, StitchMonkey, SubRosa, sunnystars, sweetice, tabsy and vincb17 with 55 points:party:

Congratulations to our medalists!:points:

The most common score was 55 and then 45 - mainly due underestimating Kayne/O'Shea and putting Germans inside top 4. Also, majority put Boikova/Kozlovskii on 2nd which hurt at the end.

All scores are updated into the spreadsheet. If there are any mistakes or questions feel free to let me know here or via PM.

NNF, still fresh from Grenoble :cool14:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apologies for being so late, but here are Pairs Results!

GOLD: icedance, IlVoloFan and Jeanie19 with score of65 points:hb::cheer:
SILVER: Skatie with 60 points:party2::cool14:
BRONZE with number of 30 people: alyssamarie, Baron Vladimir, CaroLiza_fan, cathlen, charmblade, Dreamer57, el henry, Fish in the sea, Fluture, hydroblader, itofan, Katie0906, Kittosuni, lavenderblossom, Lyssa, MalAssada, Marius, Pippuripihvi, Poice, ragdoll, Sam-Skwantch, selene16angie, silver.blades, SnowWhite, StitchMonkey, SubRosa, sunnystars, sweetice, tabsy and vincb17 with 55 points:party:

Congratulations to our medalists!:points:

The most common score was 55 and then 45 - mainly due underestimating Kayne/O'Shea and putting Germans inside top 4. Also, majority put Boikova/Kozlovskii on 2nd which hurt at the end.

All scores are updated into the spreadsheet. If there are any mistakes or questions feel free to let me know here or via PM.

NNF, still fresh from Grenoble :cool14:

I finally got gold. :biggrin:

skateflake

On the Ice
CONGRATULATIONS, Jeanie19!!!! I am afraid I will get a gold that will bring me NO pleasure at all. However, I do feel like I WON for Men. It took all I could do to list Jason in 4th place as my Secret Silver. I take FULL credit for that. So happy StitchMonkey, Mrs. P, and el henry got deserved points!

Personally, I think 3-year olds should get a X3 handicap for their score!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
CONGRATULATIONS, Jeanie19!!!! I am afraid I will get a gold that will bring me NO pleasure at all. However, I do feel like I WON for Men. It took all I could do to list Jason in 4th place as my Secret Silver. I take FULL credit for that. So happy StitchMonkey, Mrs. P, and el henry got deserved points!

Personally, I think 3-year olds should get a X3 handicap for their score!!!

Lol. I got no points for Jason. I put him in 5th. I was thinking baby steps. He decided to take huge ones instead.