2023 Grand Prix de France Pairs Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix de France Pairs Free Skate

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
That was a short competition. :(
I'll get food and twizzle over to my B-team men competing in Riga.

Have an awesome week everybody and see you in China for the next GP! :ghug:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Lia has found a home in Pairs just like Meghan did. Wonder what they can score if they ever go completely clean.
I would say add another 5-6 points... 2-3 on the 2axel fall (goe and deduction) 1 points in goe for the salchow. and 1-2 points on the level lost on the first lift.

rain

Record Breaker
whoohooo! Much deserved GP gold for Pereira/Michaud!

I can never believe the people who say this team will never be more than middling, saying they don't stand out. I think Lia is a born star and we're starting to see it more and more in the programs as she gets comfortable. And he was really emoting in this LP as well. I think this program is great for them and really builds, and I love their expression. And they're just getting started.

Sackie

Medalist
And once again the CAN judge gives the Can skaters the lowest marks. Even the ITA judge marked Lia and Trennt higher then the CAN judge and also higher then the ITA team.

withwings

On the Ice
are flags real or....digital, or what?!? could someone from arena to tell me this, please

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
are flags real or....digital, or what?!? could someone from arena to tell me this, please
Based only on the stread: It looked to me like they had real flags for all the participating countries, in alphabetical order, and that was the flag they mostly showed during the anthem. At times I could see a glimpse of China next to it. At the end they showed a digital flag - maybe they had those for the medalists.

withwings

On the Ice
Lia has found a home in Pairs just like Meghan did. Wonder what they can score if they ever go completely clean.

whoohooo! Much deserved GP gold for Pereira/Michaud!

I can never believe the people who say this team will never be more than middling, saying they don't stand out. I think Lia is a born star and we're starting to see it more and more in the programs as she gets comfortable. And he was really emoting in this LP as well. I think this program is great for them and really builds, and I love their expression. And they're just getting started.
Slightly disagree. IMO Lia is much more complete skater than Meagan was/is

Axel Rose

On the Ice
I feel like I watched a different skate. The scores were too high for what Lia and Trent put out there. I’m not saying they didn’t deserve to win given the rest of the competition. But the Italians and Canadians look like teams that would usually be ranked 6-10 in the world and future champs in 2-3 years, yet now they’re top 2 at GPs. The current overall state of pairs is discouraging.