2018 JGP Canada Ladies Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Ladies Free Skate

kimi492

Final Flight
Even though I think You gets nervous i don't think it's mental - she needs technical help and Tom couldn't do anything for Mirai - I really hope she goes to someone else - for her sake

leoleo

Medalist
Even though I think You gets nervous i don't think it's mental - she needs technical help and Tom couldn't do anything for Mirai - I really hope she goes to someone else - for her sake

yeah i think it's technical as well!

frida80

Record Breaker
If Young is struggling. It’s because Korea hyped her as the next Yuna Kim at age 11. It’s only natural that a kid that was super talented early starts to wilt because she suddenly has to meet all these unrealistic expectations. It’s happened so many times to so many skaters that I feel like screaming everytime it happens again.

I imagine when Yelim got her silver with her massive FS score, she was feeling pressured to be just as good. She needs to be allowed to develop on her own pace.

kimi492

Final Flight
If Young is struggling. It’s because Korea hyped her as the next Yuna Kim at age 11. It’s only natural that a kid that was super talented early starts to wilt because she suddenly has to meet all these unrealistic expectations. It’s happened so many times to so many skaters that I feel like screaming everytime it happens again.

I imagine when Yelim got her silver with her massive FS score, she was feeling pressured to be just as good. She needs to be allowed to develop on her own pace.

I would believe that if I'm not seeing such obvious technical problems with You's skating - she was bent almost horizontally in the air on 2 of her jumping passes and always has multiple UR's in a program - that's someone who doesn't have their ish together technically - I think overall You is mentally strong. Tammy and Tom - both of whom have students with notorious UR's (Mirai and Karen) is possibly the worst set of coaches you could have for a skater who has that problem. She needs to leave now and not later - I'm still confused as to why that relationship fell apart in Canada with her and TCC.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
She needs to leave now and not later - I'm still confused as to why that relationship fell apart in Canada with her and TCC.

As far as I know, training at TCC was too much of a financial strain for her family. I'm still sad about that...

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's 10:22 a.m. here, and I want a beer. How is that Eunsoo is the only Korean skater that went clean...

kimi492

Final Flight
As far as I know, training at TCC was too much of a financial strain for her family. I'm still sad about that...

It makes me sad that finances hold a skater back from advancing :( - there has to be someone else in the US that hopefully they could afford - like Bradie's coach maybe

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh gosh crunch time! Anna S is on and skating really well!

I like her drama arms!

Also Rion from Japan is on the podium!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Quad lutz attempted, I'm very much impressed.