2018 JGP Canada Ladies Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Ladies Free Skate

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Almost had it! That's ok. She'll have another chance to go for it in the final. And she just came to life after the 4Lz was over with. What an exciting performance to watch!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aww not 'Believer'? I am sad.

But Anastasia's jumps seem to be on!

leoleo

Medalist
good to see her deliver without eteri! she did well! i'm going to bed now :agree:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So many people disappointed that it's not Imagine Dragons. Me too.

But nice skate! Probably won't pass Anna, but solid second. :)

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
What happened to Tarakanova's Believer FS? :scratch:

(She's got airy jumps and nice spins. :clap:)

PS: Russian junior ladies' FS rankings are Trusova = Kanysheva > Shcherbakova > Tarusina = Tarakanova > Sinitsina > Kostornaia.

kalee

On the Ice
Must say that Nastya has really grown up! Like the more mature packaging and great performance. Solid 2nd and hope she will get a 2nd JGP assignment.
They should put her in Ljubljana (replacing Tarusina) with the 2nd spot in Yerevan going to the better of Tarusina vs. Vasilieva.
Vasilieva vs. Ye Lim should be an interesting toss-up (could go either way) but there is still hope of a Russian JGPF sweep if Tarakanova can be fully clean in her 2nd event (a close possibility!).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
After all the worries about Tarakanova, I'm glad she pulled through here! (And honestly I found her performance more compelling than Anna's today.)

vitamintea

On the Ice
Anna may have won the event but Anastasia won my heart! ❤️ I love how her jumps and spins looked and I really hope she gets a second event

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Yay!!! I’m so happy for Anastasia! I liked her FS! She has such a beautiful extension on the landing! You can see she was focused on keeping herself on her feet but after the difficult jumps were done she was able to shine. ❤️ I wish her good luck this season, going through a change of coaches can be really tough. I’m glad she’s skating well even with her new inches, she seems sooo tall! [emoji23]

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Wow~ Tarakanova changed her FS in a matter of weeks and it is even better than Believer I think. It is more subtle but no less intense. This is the program I was looking for from her and really enjoy. Again she matched her intense spins with intense music, which is really her signature.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Once again the curse of US ladies and 5-7th place finishes continues... :sigh:

Oh well, congrats to all the medalists, and everyone really!

MalAssada

Medalist
I finally understand the love for Tarakanova, now. You could tell how much faster she was, and her control of the edges was impressive considering her shaky landings. I was crossing my fingers for her to win :cry:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I finally understand the love for Tarakanova, now. You could tell how much faster she was, and her control of the edges was impressive considering her shaky landings. I was crossing my fingers for her to win :cry:

For me, she really improved the polish of her moves. She is still a bit wild like last season, but in this FS you can see her finish her movements fully. It was really lovely to see.