2018 JGP Canada Mens Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Mens Short Program

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Wait, how many more spots does the Japanese men's team have? :scratch:

(Sumoto and Shimada have second events, as does Kishina, so... one more for Kagiyama? Or not?)

Japan picked up an unused spot so both Yuto Kishina and Sena Miyake are provisionally assigned to JGP Yerevan.
Who is actually sent will come down to which two have the best results among Yuto, Sena and Yuma.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone here besides Stephen have quads? :scratch:

Not that I care: why I love the junior men:biggrin: but I believe Tomoki has a quad. Stephen has left the door open, if Tomoki can step (skate) through....

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Also, Stephen won his first event, so for him to make the JGPF, he only needs to be on the podium. Even 4th would very likely be enough with his big score from his first event. And the JGPF is more important for him then winning this JGP.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Let's not forget Gogolev is 13 and has already shown nerves of steel for winning in his debut with two almost perfect performances. However, he can't be perfect all the time. Better he has mistakes in the short at his second event but still have a good chance to come back in the free.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Let's not forget Gogolev is 13 and has already shown nerves of steel for winning in his debut with two almost perfect performances. However, he can't be perfect all the time. Better he has mistakes in the short at his second event but still have a good chance to come back in the free.
On that point, yes, it does bear reminding that it's both unfair and unrealistic to assume that any skater (let alone a 13-year-old one) is going to win every competition. Not even Yuzuru Hanyu does that.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Does anyone here besides Stephen have quads? :scratch:

As for the two Japanese boys~

Sena plans to attempt a 4S and two 3As in his FS. :drama:
Yuma practices the 4S and 3A in combo but doesn't plan to do either in the FS. (at least that was his plan a couple of weeks ago)
Instead he's aiming for two clean programs executing just one 3A in each.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And if junior men teach us anything, it's that the best skater, not necessarily quad jumper, has a chance to shine as well.:clap:

But since I'm hoping Andrew T. can sneak in on a 4th and a 1st, ;)best of luck to Stephen, should that be the case with his final placements

(Which of course if I had that kind of crystal ball, I wouldn't be wasting it on FS competitions:biggrin:)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There's some interesting costume choices in this group.

I'm missing Luc's sparkle pants...

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I jumped on Iliya Kovler's bandwagon last season, and I'm so happy that he skated a clean SP!!! :yahoo:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Never heard of purple shirt kid, but I like, I like.

The tune hurts my ears a little, but elegance and presentation. And he's happy!