2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Mens SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Mens SP

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm happy with that. Hope Jo and Egor can up their game in the FS.
It's been a pleasure, guys. I've finished work now and I'm looking forward to a pint while Quadrusova makes my head spin ;)

zebobes

Final Flight
Well, maybe this week Joseph can do a reverse Conrad Orzel? BRB gotta catch up.

So far, every JGP men's podium this year has been a North American in first place, a Japanese in second place, and a European in third place.

If it follows that pattern, it could very likely be either Joseph in first or Andrew in first.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'll be back to see Sasha Trusova and Yelim, see you all in an hour.

readernick

Medalist
Well, he got level 4's on his step sequences and spins. (unlike the other men). Additionally, he did land a fully rotated triple axel. These elements made up a lot of points he lost by popping the flip. Imagine how high his score would have been without that pop?

zebobes

Final Flight
Well, he got level 4's on his step sequences and spins. (unlike the other men). Additionally, he did land a fully rotated triple axel. These elements made up a lot of points he lost by popping the flip. Imagine how high his score would have been without that pop?

Wow, Andrew would have won if he didn't get a time violation.

In a way, I'm glad he's currently in second, because it will help him stay in a fighting mentality.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looking at the protocols, wow, Joseph really was having a rough day with the jumps. Everything is either under-rotated or incorrect edge.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven’t seen the vids yet, (no way anything am I watching anything before noon in real time;)) but thank you all for the comments and PBPs, warning me what happened with Andrew. Yes, I root for Team TCC, but Andrew has had my :luv17: for four years now, (second only to the current skater who is first in my :luv17:)

His LP is marvelous, but he’s still Andrew: a wonderful performer who manages to make me :sad21: with mistakes each time. Fingers crossed for the LP :clap:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The FS judging panel may not be favorable for Phan and Torgashev --- the USA and CAN judges are off the panel and it's now 7 Euros + JPN + KOR

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The FS judging panel may not be favorable for Phan and Torgashev --- the USA and CAN judges are off the panel and it's now 7 Euros + JPN + KOR

Was there any indication that Andrew’s or Jo’s placements were a result of the North American judges? :scratch2:
I will speak to Andrew, since he is a skater I have been following for a while :luv17: I only looked at Andrew’s protocols briefly, except for judge 9 who clearly recognized genius when he or she saw it, the scores were pretty even. Judge 9 appeared to “highball” a lot of skaters, comparatively speaking.

Looking at the marks across the board for Andrew’s strong suits, like the StSeq, the scores appear similar, so I can’t even tell if a North American judge was there. And the StSeq in his LP is one of my faves ever, so if he brings it:pray: judges from everywhere will score him well for it.

He just can’t beat himself with pops:sad21:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Their short program marks aren't being dragged up notably by the North American judges. That won't matter in the free. If they land their jumps, they'll win.

And frankly, by your logic, Phan and Torgashev would each benefit from the loss of the other country's judge, since they were known to be the main contenders for the win going into the skate and each country's judge would have strong incentive to undermark the other's.