2018 JGP Linz Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz Pairs Short Program

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
In a way it is reassuring to see that not every Chinese pair are acrobatic phenoms right from the egg hatching (so to speak). But they did have their charm and it is not an unsmart strategy to get them used to the rigors of competing ealry. Alsod it was nice to see a really young pair skate to age-appropriate music.

zebobes

Final Flight
Lockley and Prochnow just had a scary fall during the warm up on the triple twist, where both of them fell...

Makes me nervous. We'll see if they can pull it back together.

zounger

Medalist
Lockley and Prochnow just had a scary fall during the warm up on the triple twist, where both of them fell...

Makes me nervous. We'll see if they can pull it back together.

Yes that was scary but just delivered it when mattered ... :thumbsup:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow there sure is a big US cheer section here!

And Lockley and Prochnow are doing quite well considering their fall during the warm-up

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Great recovery after that ugly fall from the warm-up! I really liked their interpretation and they did pretty good technically speaking..Congrats :clapper:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I just came back, and the US pair have great costumes.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Wow! An American male pair skater with genuine grace and performance ability. They need to work on the tech, but I hope they stick it out. They PERFORM. Potential potential potential.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well K/I that was some awesome lift--I was really impressed. Same with the triple twist. The step sequence and side by side spins were a bit sloppy but it's early days.

Your costumes on the other hand are just plain tacky. What are you surviving? A Las Vegas floor show? Oy!

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Polina and Dmitrii, such a refreshing young pair, original in their chereo and music choices ... :luv17: Too bad for the step-out after their throw, they did a perfect one at the warm-up. :sad21:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
K/I is a technically strong team (minus the step-out and SBS spins here), but I really don't like their costumes...

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Oh no...they were clean until that fall on the SS, and then problems at the SBS spins. Such a pity :sad21:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
P/S, the first half of the program was really lovely in that classic Russian Pair Style. You can see the potential and quality.

But man even without the fall, the step sequence was just awful. I'd rethink that entire section. And the spin was just unfortunate.

Sorry kids, but those colors just DON'T GO TOGETHER. Ugh. Really, it was SO distracting.

That score is a bit generous, considering how much the second half of the program fell apart so completely.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
At least this time the competition won't be decided by short programs already as was in Bratislava :)
It will be interresting how P/S will deal with the free program, if they would be able to ovecome this failure.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
(Damn mobile)
P/S were going great, and then Poluianova fell on the SS, and the SBS spins...

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The third Russian team have nice costumes, whew.