2018 JGP Linz Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz Pairs Short Program

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Clean skate for Sofiia and Artem :clapper: Still need to improve the level of their elements, and their speed (their SBS spins were very slow...) but they are on the right track. And they are pleasant and sweet, too :luv17:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Seems that ukrainina pair is winning my heart :)

Yes, they really have some nice qualities and elements. That lift done right on a musical highlight--well done. The sbs spin was a bit of a mess. The basics are there; now, as Ted says, they need to work on the magic.

And bravo to him for tasteful bling. Just enough to draw the attention up to the face. Which is the whole point of collar bling. :rock:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Not the cleanest program, but the height on the twist lift... wow.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Noo...not an unexpected fall once again :gaah:
I really liked them...:sad21: So much height at their triple twist, wow, and very nice costumes,too :luv17:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ted really can sum up a problem with a pair in such a nice way. He's spot on: P/P are really good individual skaters but they haven't gelled yet as a pair. Another weird fall on the step sequence. But that was some terrific throw and the height on the twist was impressive.

And yes, the costumes were nice...

:)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
They have some nice qualities, especially the pair elements (great twist!), but they don't seem to have much of a connection. I'm not sure how old they are, but she seems way younger than he does. I really liked their costumes. :)

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Nice unison, especially on the spins. Loved the ending and the costumes. It's so cute when Canadians wear red. ...but what was that song!? Brrrrr.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I really liked them...:sad21: So much height at their triple twist, wow, and very nice costumes,too :luv17:

I tink this comes with (un)experience. Both russian pairs apart K/I obviously skated below their abilities, they were too nervous. But still in the game, depends how they would deal with the pressure and nerves during the free program.

It's funny that Austrian dj chose Ukrainian songs for Russian pairs.

I noticed that too :)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Ack - I refreshed my stream (as I realized that I was behind, based on your comments), and I missed a whole team!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Great final lift from the Canadian pair. Someone needs to sit her down and tell her, There's no need to rush. Take your time through the elements. The first half of their sbs spin was gorgeous.

Some nice choreography in that.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
The top part of her red dress reminded me of Kostornaia's SP dress from last season :biggrin:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This German team have a nice style I like this program it's interesting! :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The Canadian pair has potential, I hope they reach it. I love the German pair's costumes!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

We see number of falls today. Somehow today it is more nervous overally than the last week.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Too bad about the mistakes, as I found the program interesting. I'm not quite sure what to make of her costume though.