2018 JGP Ljubljana Ladies Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Ladies Free Skate

Ziotic

Medalist
Alright, I know what you mean by that, but walk us through what can happen after Armenia. Who can still get in the final?

I mean anything can happen. Trusova could actually have that crazy high fever and withdraw. But realistically, Kensheva should come second with a score of more than 183+. That puts; Alena, Anna, Yelim, Nastya, Sasha and Kensheva to the final.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Medal for Haein! Korea has had such a great JGP :luv17:

Right?!!
It was tough to watch Tomoe’s meltdown, even falling on the stepsq a la Rika Kihira! [emoji23] But I can’t deny I was happy to see Haein sneak into the podium.
And btw, when a lady skates to Scheherazade and Gershwin’s piano concerto at the same season I can’t help but think she’s a huge Yuna fan! She was giving strong Kim Yuna vibes, she even has a proper Lutz! [emoji23]Unfortunately this wasn’t her day.

I’m so happy Haein skated clean, she’s been really consistent! I can’t wait to watch her next season, I’m expecting major improvements and in the future she could train overseas, she is a great talent.

Korea is certainly becoming a power house in Ladies figure skating. Slowly but surely.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I mean anything can happen. Trusova could actually have that crazy high fever and withdraw. But realistically, Kensheva should come second with a score of more than 183+. That puts; Alena, Anna, Yelim, Nastya, Sasha and Kensheva to the final.

I think for Sasha to withdraw, she would have to be in really, really bad condition. Let's hope she'll make it! If she does, she can place on the podium even with falls on every quad.

siela

On the Ice
I just hate, hate, hate it that the number of spots in GPF has been reduced from 8 to 6 for juniors :disapp:
For God's sake, ISU, you are saying, you are developing this sport, so give a chance for two more up and coming talents the opportunity to gain the experience of such a big event. In each category there are at least 2 skaters/teams that I feel absolutely deserved to be up there with the best but will not be able to go and somehow it feels so much more unfair for junior skaters than for senior ones :angry1:

Danny T

Medalist
In general, what a fantastic last group! From Rion to Haein then Anna and Natsya, each keeping me in my seat til the last minute. Special shout out to Rion though, she showed great great improvement in expression here compared to the last outing, and obviously, skating through the blackout like a boss :cool: Anna and Natsya of course, deservedly in first and second. Such powerful performance, fantastic steps too. As to Tomoe, couldn't keep it quite together (and not making the podium :sad21:) but I love how her performance didn't even go down after the popped loop and random footwork fall, can't believe this is her first junior season.

Something's in the water at Ljubljana for sure, or maybe that fog has some special power hmm... :biggrin:;)

pearly

Record Breaker

Is Trusova sick, is that why she is going to Armenia instead of competing this week?

leoleo

Medalist
The protocols give me a headache! the judges scores for Tarusina's 2A go from +1 to +4, on her 3lo-3t they literally go from -2 to +4
Haein's scores: on her 3lz from -2 to +4,
what in the world is this garbage it makes no sense! this new scoring system is even worse than the last one! a disgrace

Anyway congratulations to all the medalists (Haein :love:) and Tarakanova for achieving this after a coaching change, she does not need Eteri after all. I feel like Tarusina will not make it to the final

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Are they streaming the medal ceremony? I'm watching Finlandia for the moment, but I want to see Haein get her first junior medal.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh, Haein got an edge call for her flip, she does need to deal with it... Really, that's her biggest issue. I think with time her skating skills will improve (and for performance, she's a natural charmer, and time also helps), but she needs to fix that lip before it's too late.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
The protocols give me a headache! the judges scores for Tarusina's 2A go from +1 to +4, on her 3lo-3t they literally go from -2 to +4
Haein's scores: on her 3lz from -2 to +4,
what in the world is this garbage it makes no sense! this new scoring system is even worse than the last one! a disgrace

Anyway congratulations to all the medalists (Haein :love:) and Tarakanova for achieving this after a coaching change, she does not need Eteri after all. I feel like Tarusina will not make it to the final

I think that's because Anna Tarusina's jumping technique is weird, like Satoko weird. Everytime i see her 3ltz, it always looks UR to me and i like her: here she got the highest PCS and deservedly so (i'd argue she should get even more) but the jumps are a bit of a question mark.

Though -4 for an underrotated jump with a good landing is harsh.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Is there a way to see the victory ceremony? I want to see Nastya with her gold medal! And Haein with her first JGP medal! :luv17:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Is Trusova sick, is that why she is going to Armenia instead of competing this week?

Apparently she has caught a cold and has a high fever. (According to a fan who attented the practice) But she still has a week to recover and even though I know a fever isn‘t something to take easy, I think Sasha will go to her event no matter what. It‘s her only chance for the final, I don‘t think she‘ll withdraw.

moriel

Record Breaker
I think for Sasha to withdraw, she would have to be in really, really bad condition. Let's hope she'll make it! If she does, she can place on the podium even with falls on every quad.

Also, Sasha has 15 points already, which means she doesnt have to be 1st to get into GPF.
My guess is that if she physically can skate, she will skate