2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Free Skate

zebobes

Final Flight
Will Murashov, who had a 4th, be sent next week instead of Danielan? If Mosalev gets 4th or better, it looks like Gogolev is definitely out of the final. If any of the 3rd or 4th place finishers win, Koshiro is out of the final.

I don't think Koshiro needs to worry about any tie breaks if any of the 3rd place finishers get second, because his scores from his two events are MUCH higher, as both 3rd place finishers didn't even break 200 at their first events.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I predicted after Richmond that Gogolev would end up as first alternate. I think that’s more and more likely.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So basically, Andrei Mozalev should be in (you never know with the men of course, but even a 4th will move him ahead of Koshiro. Since Koshiro was third here, if either Adam or Yuto get 2nd in Armenia it would come down to a tiebreak. If either won, they'd be in instead of him. Yuma would need to win to be in.

Mozalev would need to get 179.27 at the worst to finish ahead of Torgashev in the standings if he ends up with 4th place.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Trusova still first

Wow, I missed that skate by Sasha at this comp.

Otherwise, if it’s the irrelevant comparison of scores across disciplines and comps, booooorrrring :yawn: :bed:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a comp!

I love the junior men:agree:

But I do have to ask, is there any finish next week by which my boy Andrew T. will *not* qualify? I hate to root against a competitor, but I will if I need to:devil:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
But I do have to ask, is there any finish next week by which my boy Andrew T. will *not* qualify? I hate to root against a competitor, but I will if I need to:devil:
No, it’s not possible. He’s fourth in the current rankings, and at most two more people could qualify out of Yerevan.

zebobes

Final Flight
What a comp!

I'm pretty sure that next week, it's only mathematically possible for at most 2 people to get more points than him, which means he has qualified for the final.

Koshiro is on the bubble. The question is if we will have 3 Russians at the final, or 2 Russians and Koshiro. This is assuming they move Murashov back to Armenia next week. If Danielan is skating next week, that basically means Koshiro will most likely be in the final.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What a comp!

Andrew looks pretty good, I think. I didn't do a super in-depth calculation, but I can't see a scenario Andrew wouldn't qualify. That 1st place win was helpful. He was lucky he was not here. :p

zebobes

Final Flight
Andrew looks pretty good, I think. I didn't do a super in-depth calculation, but I can't see a scenario Andrew wouldn't qualify. That 1st place win was helpful. He was lucky he was not here. :p

I agree. I personally am super happy that Andrew made it to the final again, but if you look at the score totals instead of the placements, he really managed to eke a win at much easier event.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Welp, looks like i will only be watching ladies and dance at the jgpf if thats the case.

It's a bummer Stephen won't be there, but I think the men's JGPF will be quite good! So excited to see them live!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Torgashev has a 1st and a 4th. Next week you have one gold medalist, and two guys with bronze medals. Both of the bronze medalists would need a gold medal to move ahead of Torgashev. The other gold medalist will be ahead of Torgashev as long as he doesn’t place lower than fourth with a very low score.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even though everyone knows I’m a devoted fan of Andrew, I’d still watch men’s JGPF even if he didn’t qualify. Because so many of these guys bring so much to the table. And the ice;)

And I do love me some Koshiro too, I hope they both make it:hap10:

Artemisa

Final Flight
At least one russian men in the final ... I have to be honest after the firsts JGP .. I didn't think was possible...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
At least one russian men in the final ... I have to be honest after the firsts JGP .. I didn't think was possible...

The Russian men have done quite well here! They medeled in 5 of 6 events and had the most medals overall. Russia also won the most gold!