2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Short Program

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Kinda shocked by Artur’s score. He is 7 points down on TES to Petr

Yeah, me too. Its a shame to lose points like that. I didnt watch Conrad but i dont think its fair to give 0 points for spins which looked nicely executed. But rules are rules :slink:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
This week in Ted Barton, Angel of Pure Light, he's giving us an informative and example-rife primer on GOEs.

Ziotic

Medalist
Yeah, me too. Its a shame to lose points like that. I didnt watch Conrad but i dont think its fair to give 0 points for spins which looked nicely executed. But rules are rules :slink:

It’s really just so sad. He likely would have been in the lead or very close to Petr

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Kinda shocked by Artur’s score. He is 7 points down on TES to Petr, probably some DG’s or UR’s. Still have enjoyed that performance, Buoyanova was shocked by the score. Still he is well placed to move up in the free. A deserved lead for Petr, a really charming and effortless performance. I also liked the Azeri Russian. I haven’t seen Kotin in while he has aged a bit.
Artur got an edge call, I assume. Plus GOE on spins.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like that Swedish kid, of course I'm a fan of great spinners:agree:

And the Slovenian kid may need to work on his programs and his speed, but I am loving:luv17: the topknot!

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I know the reasoning behind this (spins and edge calls) but I thought Artur & Conrad should be muuuch higher. Free will be interesting.

champagnerain

Final Flight
I kept thinking that Nikolaj is really tall, so I clicked on his ISU bio, and sure enough, 189 cm. :eeking:

champagnerain

Final Flight
Now I kind of wish more people would skate to Mr. Bojangles. Even though he had lots of mistakes, I'm still in a good mood after that skate. :laugh:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
The thread seems kinda quiet for this event...is it a timezone problem?

Tomoki skating now!

champagnerain

Final Flight
Oh, right, Tomoki is the one with a blink-and-you'll-miss-it hydroblade. I actually blinked and nearly missed it last time. :laugh2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow that is an amazing top 6! Gotta make sure to be there for the FS.