2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Short Program

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There’s four guys all with scores in the 73-74 range, and then Gummenik just a few points ahead. You could see a lot of ordinals switching around in the free.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who knew Mark Gorodnitsky could skate like that? (I know, Canadians, you knew;) )

But 1.5 points separating No. 2 from No. 5?
Wowza I :luv17: the junior men.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Tomoki. Love that split jump!

I hope he can make it into the JGPF. He has the highest PCS of the men here, too bad about that step out b/c he's got what it takes. His triple axel reminds me of Josh Farris' and no coincidence that they share (d) the same coaching team.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Tomoki. Love that split jump!

The split jump that comes closest to Jason’s:thumbsup: and from me, that is the highest praise possible.

Camden (check), Tomoki and of course Andrew T. :)for JGPF:hap10:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Probably the most interesting JGP event so far: the top 8 skaters were really good.

Conrad doesn't actually have an invalidated spin on protocols. Just lots of low GOEs and a ! on his 3F.

Yeah judges were harsh with the negative GOE for those who had a jump with a <, ! or an e.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Tomoki can definitely hold his own!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DosR-glW0AAHAT8.jpg

Isn’t it so cool, one of the reasons I like him:)

Of course, I would say that Jason goes above 180 degrees (if that’s even the right degree reference) more than Tomoki, but Tomoki is right up there more often than not.

Like I said, other than “Toller Cranston good”, the highest praise you’ll get from me:biggrin:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
This men's competition is crazy good.

All my fingers crossed for Tomoki. Though I would love to see Koshiro & Petr make the Final also. Oy just please let the placements work out so that these guys can get in if they earn the scores. What a tough competition!

Total respect to the top six.

Xzander

Rinkside
Just came here to praise Gummenik's spins. That flying camel with both hands around the leg is special. Also that knee slide entry to the last sit spin. Just wow. Also, choreowise the most complete program and he performed it all out.

Conrad: Ditch the excessive 'why' hands though, they look childish.
I agree. That was so distracting! Very simple skating and not that many transitions, maybe trying to hide it with the arm movements.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Wow that is an amazing top 6! Gotta make sure to be there for the FS.

Wow what an event! The free skating is sure gonna be something!

Damn straight, 4 pts between top 5 and what they are all capable of (plus Artur) guarantees an emotional and exciting FS! It could come to who will keep cool the most...But great thing is to see skaters from different countries and styles going head-to-head:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This men's competition is crazy good.

All my fingers crossed for Tomoki. Though I would love to see Koshiro & Peter make the Final also. Oy just please let the placements work out so that these guys can get in if they earn the scores. What a tough competition!

Total respect to the top six.

Exactly, I've never paid that much attention to junior men, but this season it's revelation/discovery after another one, so many talented young men out there!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
congratulations to the top boys, they put up a very good show. as Ted stated, this was the best event in men field. the competition's so open that the free'll be fireworks.

Both Orzell and Shimada were on fire, regardless the low scores they delivered a very good performance; Gumennik was so great and he's got probably the best choreo; Gorodnitsky was a complete surprise, he did the skate of his life:biggrin: