2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Free Skate

marieclaire85

Rinkside
No they won't send Gulyakova I don't think. If they were going to, they'd have sent her instead of Viktoria.

And yes, Yelim probably is safe, practically speaking. She had the highest score of all the 2nd place girls from the first event, and she had a higher score here. So she'll win the tiebreaker over other 2nd/2nd girls.

Think about it like this: at the 6th event, we have Tarusina and Tarakanova. If one of them wins and the other is 2nd (fairly likely) the winner will be in for sure, and the 2nd place girl will have the same points as Yelim. Then at the 7th event, Trusova should win and then Kanysheva can get 2nd. So we'll have three girls with 2nd/2nd (Yelim, Tarakanova/Tarusina and Kanysheva). Two of them will get in. To beat Yelim in the tiebreaker, Kanysheva needs 196.40, Tarakanova needs 197.55, and Tarusina needs 201.56. Kanysheva could maybe do that. But, Anna Tarusina can't do that, so she'd need to win. But if she wins, then Tarakanova needs to get 197. That's possible for her maybe, but not for Tarusina, so if she gets that she'll win and then Tarusina will still miss out.

So for Yelim to miss, Tarusina needs to win next week with Tarakanova 2nd with a score of at least 197.55. Then Kanysheva also needs to get 2nd with over 196.40. It's possiblr, I guess, but pretty unlikely - to the point that I'm comfortable saying Yelim is likely in.

Thank you for the detailed response!

marieclaire85

Rinkside
I don't think they will send Gulyakova but I might be wrong here. And I also think Yelim is safe. She has two silvers with good scores, so she should be in.

So sad for Gulyakova even if I am not really her fan .... she seems to have improved so much over the summer and looks one of the best Russian juniors after Sasha Trusova Alena Kostornaia and Anna Scherbakova.... similar level as Kanisheva and Tarakanova and maybe even slightly better than Tarusina, Sinitsina, Vasilieva.... I feel like she could have won silvee at any of these events if she had been sent... I dont know.... I could be wrong....

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
So sad for Gulyakova even if I am not really her fan .... she seems to have improved so much over the summer and looks one of the best Russian juniors after Sasha Trusova Alena Kostornaia and Anna Scherbakova.... similar level as Kanisheva and Tarakanova and maybe even slightly better than Tarusina, Sinitsina, Vasilieva.... I feel like she could have won silvee at any of these events if she had been sent... I dont know.... I could be wrong....

Gulyakova didn't provide the results. She was behind all of these girls at Russian juniors (well, Tarusina was only at senior nationals but I think she was behind Gulyakova there). What hurt Gulyakova was not going to Elder Age nationals, where Tarusina's win pretty much forced RusFed to give her a JGP. There just wasn't room for Gulyakova, and that's how it is in a country like Russia. Maybe she'll get Volvo Open Cup like last year or Russian-Chinese youth games spots.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And awww Madison's email...it's so nice!

Wasn't it just! I would love to know if Madison was on here, because we would certainly try to make her feel at home.

Do you remember me commenting in the the Lombardia Ladies SP thread that the computer monitor had died that morning? Well, the new one arrived on Saturday just as I was posting my comment about Giorgia. And since I wanted to get it set up straight away, I had to abandon the skating earlier than I intended (I had wanted to see Hana Kosić in particular LIVE before leaving, but in the end didn't).

So, I've just started catching up, and found out that Ted read out bits of my second e-mail straight after Madison's. I admit, I maybe wrote a bit too much (quelle surprise! :laugh: ), which is why he only took bits out of it. But, I like that he included all the bits where I mentioned specific skaters.

In case you are wondering what he left out, it was mainly complaining about the lack of rinks here in Ireland (there are 2 permanent rinks in Belfast, and none in the rest of the island), and how it is a shame that kids on this island aren't getting the opportunity to discover a love for the ice as a result.

So, two e-mails sent, and two used. Thank you, Ted. :thank:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
D'awww the giant Unicorn plushy! That's so cute! :biggrin:

And did you notice that Anna Dušková was part of the gang that threw the unicorn onto the ice?

I thought I had seen her one time that they zoomed into the Czech supporters during the Men's SP. But I convinced myself that I was wrong.

Then I saw them again in the background towards the end of Michaela's FS. And I was in no doubt - that was Anna sitting beside the girl holding the unicorn.

And just to confirm it, here is a screenshot that Anna has put up on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoT7WF7gYbM/

That's Anna in the light brown jumper holding the flag.

Absolutely delighted to see Michaela put in 2 good performances in Czech Skate. I was worried after how things went at the Lombardia, but she really showed what she is capable of in Ostrava!

:cheer: WELL DONE MICHAELA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan