2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Free Skate

pearly

Record Breaker
It doesn't matter who has what technique if she will fall like that. 4 programs Alena skated so far: clean, then step-out, then pop, then fall. Worse and worse. What's next?

You're right she's totes done. Thank you for your input!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not sure if Yelim is safe yet.... is she....? Also is RusFed sendimg Gulyakova to JGP at all.....? She seems to be doing really well in domestic competitions and I think she is listed as sub somewhere.....?

No they won't send Gulyakova I don't think. If they were going to, they'd have sent her instead of Viktoria.

And yes, Yelim probably is safe, practically speaking. She had the highest score of all the 2nd place girls from the first event, and she had a higher score here. So she'll win the tiebreaker over other 2nd/2nd girls.

Think about it like this: at the 6th event, we have Tarusina and Tarakanova. If one of them wins and the other is 2nd (fairly likely) the winner will be in for sure, and the 2nd place girl will have the same points as Yelim. Then at the 7th event, Trusova should win and then Kanysheva can get 2nd. So we'll have three girls with 2nd/2nd (Yelim, Tarakanova/Tarusina and Kanysheva). Two of them will get in. To beat Yelim in the tiebreaker, Kanysheva needs 196.40, Tarakanova needs 197.55, and Tarusina needs 201.56. Kanysheva could maybe do that. But, Anna Tarusina can't do that, so she'd need to win. But if she wins, then Tarakanova needs to get 197. That's possible for her maybe, but not for Tarusina, so if she gets that she'll win and then Tarusina will still miss out.

So for Yelim to miss, Tarusina needs to win next week with Tarakanova 2nd with a score of at least 197.55. Then Kanysheva also needs to get 2nd with over 196.40. It's possiblr, I guess, but pretty unlikely - to the point that I'm comfortable saying Yelim is likely in.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I love Sasha Trusova and quads are quads, but seriously, if Alyona is sidelined then I'll lose it. Her musicality and artistry is gorgeous, and her skating is so solid. Honestly, if I had to choose between Anna S and Alyona I'd choose Alyona in a heartbeat (with Sasha I'll never be able to decide), Anna S is great in her own right, but Alyona is great in every way.

I'm biased. Oops. I would choose Alyona over Sasha any second. I also would choose Anna over Sasha any second. And Alyona over all of them. :laugh: But that's just my preference and I won't deny that Sasha is by far the best technically and that she seems like a wonderful girl.

Fluture

Record Breaker
It doesn't matter who has what technique if she will fall like that. 4 programs Alena skated so far: clean, then step-out, then pop, then fall. Worse and worse. What's next?

Have you ever watched skating before?

andromache

Record Breaker
I think Alena is growing up a bit and learning to cope with stress and worry and pressure while she skates. I think it’s easier for the younger girls to have a very confident, go for broke attitude (like Trusova) but once you have a little more emotional maturity, that type of youthful brashness and confidence becomes unrealistic.

Some mistakes now won’t determine her results or standing over the next few years. Time will tell.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Next week she will be in Slovenia with Nastya Tarakanova. If Nastya wins, she still has pretty good chance for the silver, therefore she would have 26 points, which should be enough for the final.
Look at the standings (not actualized yet, but you can count today's results easily): http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2018/jgpsladies.htm

She has the lowest score of the silver medalists, so she's most in jeopardy actually.

Fluture

Record Breaker
For whoever Russia sends to the next two events who get silvers to beat Yelim overall score.

But Tarusina would need to get either a gold or a score of 201 to beat Yelim. That doesn't seem too likely to me. I mean, it can happen since Tarusina is pretty consistent and Tarakanova might make mistakes and end up second but... Well, we'll see. Personally, I'm hoping for Yelim to go to Vancouver with the final two tickets going to Tarakanova and Kanysheva.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
I love Sasha Trusova and quads are quads, but seriously, if Alyona is sidelined then I'll lose it. Her musicality and artistry is gorgeous, and her skating is so solid. Honestly, if I had to choose between Anna S and Alyona I'd choose Alyona in a heartbeat (with Sasha I'll never be able to decide), Anna S is great in her own right, but Alyona is great in every way.

Alyona— :hap93: its me — Anna

Sasha — :giveup: it’s me

leoleo

Medalist
Alyona is my favorite juniors of all so i'm badly rooting for her! i'll cry if she doesn't go to Junior Worlds

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm biased. Oops. I would choose Alyona over Sasha any second. I also would choose Anna over Sasha any second. And Alyona over all of them. :laugh: But that's just my preference and I won't deny that Sasha is by far the best technically and that she seems like a wonderful girl.

Normally I'd love Alyona more than Sasha (am the art>sport person), but that fierce look of determination when Sasha skates is mesmerizing, and those quads are amazing. I'm just going to say I love them both, and then my very biased self loves my Korean darlings a wee bit more :laugh:

pearly

Record Breaker
Normally I'd love Alyona more than Sasha (am the art>sport person), but that fierce look of determination when Sasha skates is mesmerizing, and those quads are amazing. I'm just going to say I love them both, and then my very biased self loves my Korean darlings a wee bit more :laugh:

Alena/Alyona is 100% my number 1 Russian girl. I truly hope she makes it to Worlds this year and continues being such a beautiful skater.