2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Free Skate

Fluture

Record Breaker
Not sure if Yelim is safe yet.... is she....? Also is RusFed sendimg Gulyakova to JGP at all.....? She seems to be doing really well in domestic competitions and I think she is listed as sub somewhere.....?

I don't think they will send Gulyakova but I might be wrong here. And I also think Yelim is safe. She has two silvers with good scores, so she should be in.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
Russia won all JGPs last season and will do that again this season probably. I think it's enough good domination. The rest of the world can have at least one spot in the final.

Your wish is not enough :laugh:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My favorites among the Russian junior ladies are Sasha Trusova, Alyona the Great/Angel/One-if-the-rusfed-refuses-her-they-need-to-go-to-hell, and Anna Tarusina, Anna T doesn't have a chance, does she?

Fruitpie

On the Ice
Not sure if Yelim is safe yet.... is she....?

De jure Yelim is not in the final yet, Tarusina, Tarakanova, Kanysheva and Trusova - all of them can finish ahead of Yelim. But de facto her scores are high and her spot in the JGPF is 90% garanteed because of it.

leoleo

Medalist
it was certainly good too see Alena smile today unlike yesterday! i'm worried about her tho! i wonder if we'll see her 3A anytime soon

Giver

Rinkside
Still don't see that Alena is new Sakhanovich's? Her technique is falling apart more and more with every start. And some people still expect 3A... Alena is over.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
... Oh god, please don't say that Yelim isn't going to finals after that marvelous skate, I am going to throw up.

Fluture

Record Breaker
it was certainly good too see Alena smile today unlike yesterday! i'm worried about her tho! i wonder if we'll see her 3A anytime soon

Sadly, she needs 3A to overcome girls with the quads or at least somewhat challenge them. I'm trying to be positive so I'll try to stop myself from saying how much that... well... doesn't make me happy.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Not sure if Yelim is safe yet.... is she....? Also is RusFed sendimg Gulyakova to JGP at all.....? She seems to be doing really well in domestic competitions and I think she is listed as sub somewhere.....?

I think the only way for Yelim to get out is:
Tarakanova and Kanysheva with silver at their 2nd event, with 195+ at least.
And Tarusina with gold at the last JGP (there won't be an Eteri girl), as she's the silver medalist with the lowest score.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Still don't see that Alena is new Sakhanovich's? Her technique is falling apart more and more with every start. And some people still expect 3A... Alena is over.

What is the appropriate reaction to this post? Well, to put it in a friendly way: Watch skating a bit more often and maybe get some knowledge on jumping technique, thank you very much. Then you might see that Alena's and Sima's jumping technique is totally different.

(and this is me saying this as Sima's fan...)

Fluture

Record Breaker
And Tarusina with gold at the last JGP (there won't be an Eteri girl), as she's the silver medalist with the lowest score.

Okay, this doesn't seem likely at all.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
My favorites among the Russian junior ladies are Sasha Trusova, Alyona the Great/Angel/One-if-the-rusfed-refuses-her-they-need-to-go-to-hell, and Anna Tarusina, Anna T doesn't have a chance, does she?

Next week she will be in Slovenia with Nastya Tarakanova. If Nastya wins, she still has pretty good chance for the silver, therefore she would have 26 points, which should be enough for the final.
Look at the standings (not actualized yet, but you can count today's results easily): http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2018/jgpsladies.htm

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
If Tarusina scores 202+, Tarakanova scores 197+ and Kanysheva scores 196+, then they would all be in!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I love Sasha Trusova and quads are quads, but seriously, if Alyona is sidelined then I'll lose it. Her musicality and artistry is gorgeous, and her skating is so solid. Honestly, if I had to choose between Anna S and Alyona I'd choose Alyona in a heartbeat (with Sasha I'll never be able to decide), Anna S is great in her own right, but Alyona is great in every way.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

They moved Sasha Trusova to the final event, I thought?

So one of Tarakanova and Tarusina will end up nabbing a spot in the second last event. And then it depends on what Kanysheva and whoever is second from Tarakanova/Tarusina.

Basically it will be down to what the silver medalists will score.

Last edited:

Giver

Rinkside
What is the appropriate reaction to this post? Well, to put it in a friendly way: Watch skating a bit more often and maybe get some knowledge on jumping technique, thank you very much. Then you might see that Alena's and Sima's jumping technique is totally different.

(and this is me saying this as Sima's fan...)

It doesn't matter who has what technique if she will fall like that. 4 programs Alena skated so far: clean, then step-out, then pop, then fall. Worse and worse. What's next?