Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Shiika YOSHIOKA (JPN)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I love Kostornaya and she'll probably take gold which makes me happy!
I'd really like Vasilieva to get silver -- I love her programs and jumps, and after having her JGP spots always be taken away, it would be great for her to get two spots this year, and she'll need silver with 187+ to get that.

And I'd love to see Ting have a better second event to take bronze!

Azikin

Medalist
I love Kostornaya and she'll probably take gold which makes me happy!
I'd really like Vasilieva to get silver -- I love her programs and jumps, and after having her JGP spots always be taken away, it would be great for her to get two spots this year, and she'll need silver with 187+ to get that.

And I'd love to see Ting have a better second event to take bronze!

Haha, even though this roster pretty packed, I cannot see how Alenka could not take the first place.. :cheer2:

I also pray for Ting to have much better result this time but it will be difficult, I hope she will at least skate cleanly and who knows? ;)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm 99% sure that Alyona the Great is going to win this, and I look forward to seeing how great she can be :luv17: I would very much like to see Yelim at JGPF, and she has more than proved herself, so I'm just hoping that she'll be as great as she is :pray:. Also, best of luck for Seoyeong on her JGP debut, she has so much potential and I'd love to see her skate clean and show everyone her worth.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I think this JGP stage will be critical in deciding the JGPF. If Kostornaya and Vika will take the first two places here, I think the probability for the final to be 100% russian will be very high.

It's going to be a great competition, so many good skaters on the same stage, it's gonna be very interesting to watch. :luv17: Kostornaya is from a different league than her competitors, so imo she's pretty safe with her first place. I hope Vika will skate her best, win the silver and a second assignement, it can be her time to shine this year, and I am very happy to see her competing.:cheer:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Me, too. She's the one I'm most nervous for and I'm hoping she can put it all together here and take silver (no spin issues here, Vika! no falls, no pops, no hands down... clean skates, okay?)

EdRoz

Record Breaker
I wish Alena to be calmer, all these conversations that she number 3 in the team make her nervous

randomfan

Record Breaker
Please please please JGPF for Yelim Kim :cheer2: it’s about time a non-Russian/Japanese skater goes.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please please please JGPF for Yelim Kim :cheer2: it’s about time a non-Russian/Japanese skater goes.

I have to agree (at least a little) although I’m down with the best 6 going regardless who it is....a little variety can go a long way. I want my girl Tarakanova to make it though too so I’m completely confused :laugh:
Good luck to all girls vying for a spot!!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker

Shouldn't the best six skaters, regardless of nationality go?
I will be very pleased if those six are all Russian :biggrin:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Praying the pressure doesn’t get to Yelim! [emoji120]
If she skates clean her chances are good.

Azikin

Medalist
So when does the ladie's s SP start? Here it says 11.30, event website says 14.30 local time.. :scratch2:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
So when does the ladie's s SP start? Here it says 11.30, event website says 14.30 local time.. :scratch2:

Mmm. I was confused because the rhythm dance is scheduled for 11.30 as well, and I didn't think even Ted could commentate both at once. The schedule linked above says 14.30 local time, so I'd go with that...!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have it on good authority that the Zamboni here is going to be the best one we will see all season :hap85:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Some of you may have spotted that I have mentioned once or twice (!) over the past few weeks that a friend of mine is competing here. So, here is a bit of information about her.

Giorgia Isabella SECHI (ISU Bio; Rink Results Bio; Stats On Ice Bio 1, 2, 3)

For more info, see her Fan Fest post:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56054-Team-Cyprus&p=1210220&viewfull=1#post1210220

Giorgia was the Basic Novice A Champion at the inaugural Cypriot Championships back in 2013. And her scores were progressing nicely over the next few years. But during the 2015–16 season, she suffered a back injury which very nearly ended her skating career.

The doctors actually advised her to give up skating. But, after having to give up the other sports she enjoyed, she was determined that she would return to skating.

So, fight back she did, and she is now about to compete in her first ISU-run competition.

And I am so happy that Giorgia is now finally able to make her Junior GP debut at the age of 17. Apart from everything she has had to go through just to get to this point, she is the nicest person you could ever meet! She is just lovely!

Here is a bit of Fan Art that I made a couple of days ago to mark this occasion:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10160492492655538&set=a.10150806848865538&type=3&theater

:cheer: ALL THE BEST, GIORGIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Shouldn't the best six skaters, regardless of nationality go?
I will be very pleased if those six are all Russian :biggrin:

Who says the best six will go anyway? Russia can run the table by putting their top athletes up against the best from other countries. That doesn't mean Russia's number six is better than everyone outside of Russia. But Russia isn't sending their very best here. I think it's a great field and a very interesting one. I kind of wish that Yelim and Ting Cui weren't both here as they are my two favorite ladies on the JGP this season. I will cheer for both, but my loyalties are divided. Still, it's up to Yelim to do her job. I think she has a really good shot at 4CCs this season even if she misses out on the JGPF. If she does her best here, though, I'd love to see her make it to the Final. She has the goods of a top 6 lady on the JGP this season, IMO, whether she brings them all to the table or not. I was grateful for the one great skate earlier this season. I think it means a lot for Yelim in making her argument back at home against the other Korean ladies.