• Tomoe KAWABATA

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Yi Christy LEUNG

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Azikin

Medalist
This is so hard to vote.. I want both Russian girls to win with 200 points.. ;)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Fingers crossed for Yi Christy to move up at least one ordinal after being fourth in three straight events so far this season.

Hard to know what to expect from Aurora, since by all accounts she’s in the middle of a revamp, but I hope she has a positive outing here.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Rooting for Tarakanova to take the gold!! :hap10:

Wishing good luck to lovely Haein! :luv17:

And I can't wait to see Yi's great performances! :love:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Argghhhhh why did I have to choose between Tarakanova and Tarusina???

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
This event will be crucial in wo goes to the jgp final. We know that Sherbakova and Kostornaia are allready in.
Yelim kim will be in if this doesnt happen:

JGP Slovenia. Tarusina wins and Tarakanova is second with a minimum score of 197.55 or Tarakanova wins and Tarusina is 2nd with a minimum score of 201.56. The first alternative seams more likely than the second but neither is verry likely imo
JGP Armenia. Kanysheva wins and Trusova is second (Not going to happen) or Trusova wins and Kanysheva is 2nd with a minimum score of 196.40.

If Sumiyoshi winns she will get to the final. (I dont remember her first event to well so I dont know if this is likely)

My guess would be that the one of Tarankanova/tarusina who doesnt win here will miss the Final but we will have to wait and see.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
This event will be crucial in wo goes to the jgp final. We know that Sherbakova and Kostornaia are allready in.
Yelim kim will be in if this doesnt happen:

JGP Slovenia. Tarusina wins and Tarakanova is second with a minimum score of 197.55 or Tarakanova wins and Tarusina is 2nd with a minimum score of 201.56. The first alternative seams more likely than the second but neither is verry likely imo
JGP Armenia. Kanysheva wins and Trusova is second (Not going to happen) or Trusova wins and Kanysheva is 2nd with a minimum score of 196.40.

If Sumiyoshi winns she will get to the final. (I dont remember her first event to well so I dont know if this is likely)

My guess would be that the one of Tarankanova/tarusina who doesnt win here will miss the Final but we will have to wait and see.

She got 174.96 at JGP Canada. So, probably not likely unless both Tarusina and Tarakanova bomb, and Tarusina at least is a rock. Hopefully both can have good second events.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a great lineup. Two strong Russian skaters, two strong Japanese skaters, and Yi Christy. I do not know the Korean skaters. I think this is going to be a nail biter event.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
The results on the poll is probably due to two things:
1) Tarakanova is more popular, and she medaled at JGPF last year. Where this is Tarusinas first real JGP season
2) Tarakanova had higher score in her first event. (Tarakanova doubled a combinatiion in the short vs Tarusinas invalid spin in the free).

I want Tarakanova to win because i find her more exiting to watch. I also think her scoring potential is higher if she is clean. Tarusina is known for being clean so im guessing she will win if Tarakanova mess up.

zebobes

Final Flight
I think that Christy's programs are really good this year, and that in this field, she just might have the opportunity to grab the gold. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I definitely think that she will be on the podium, the question is if she can grab the opportunity to win.

I just think that this week will be exciting, with the field a bit more open than it usually is.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Really? I think Tarakanova and Tarusina are both hungry for finals spots. Whoever gets silver here likely won't make the final, and that also means not making senior nationals, unless they skate two Russian Cup events afterwards (out of three possible chances).

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All I know is I want Yelim Kim in the final, so all the remaining skaters going in to their last event with 13 points are on the same bubble. One of Tarakanova and Tarusina can win and will make the final. If the other finishes 2nd and has less than 388.24 total points, she will be in a nailbiter, waiting for JGP Armenia results; OTOH, if the other tops 388.23 total points, Yelim will be the one in the nailbiter.

Trusova will surely win in Armenia, and Kanysheva with 13 points looks good for 2nd.

The last two final spots will go to two of Yelim Kim, Kanysheva, or the 13-pointer from Slovenia----the two with the highest total scores. Unless, of course, there is an unexpected upset in one or both events and someone else finishes first or second.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I think among Japanese girls Kawabata has more potential for higher scores than Sumiyoshi.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Both Russians are in the second group.
Kawabata, Leung, and Lee in the fourth
Sumiyoshi in the fifth
Izzo in the sixth

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Fingers crossed for Yi Christy to move up at least one ordinal after being fourth in three straight events so far this season.

Hard to know what to expect from Aurora, since by all accounts she’s in the middle of a revamp, but I hope she has a positive outing here.

Yes for medal for Yi Christy:cheer:, she's a different skater this season for me, much more power and confidence!