Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Petr GUMENNIK

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Tomoki HIWATASHI

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go Tomoki and Conrad :hap10:

and whoever gives Andrew T. the best chance of making JGPF:biggrin:

ETA: oh and Koshiro too he was so enjoyable to watch:)

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I am excited to see the last year world medalist Arthur Danielian. His skating is so smooth like floating on the ice. Hope he has recovered from his injury and see him in best shape.

zebobes

Final Flight
Wow the men's field has been so unpredictable and the podium seems to be wide open. We have yet to see any skater get a second Gold medal this season, and Peter doesn't strike me as being that fierce of a competitor. Tomoki also tends to have one or two mistakes, and his technique doesn't seem completely stable. I expect Conrad to do better this week, but I'm uncertain if he will be able to get the gold. I wouldn't be surprised if Koshiro got the gold this week, he seemed to be on fire the first week, and if he skates like he did the first week, I'm sure his scores will get even higher.

I think that depending on how Conrad does this week, it will decide if there's a Candian in the Finals. If he gets a gold, he will probably knock Stephen out of the final. If he gets a second or third, it will help make way for Stephen into the final.

LadyB

Record Breaker
That will be interesting to watch. I couldn't even begin with a prediction. Conrad, Koshiro (love his SP!), Artur, Petr and Tomoki all in the running. Totally looking forward to see Artur for the first time this season. He was at the gala at Euros and he had such an amazing presence on the ice. Good luck to all the guys. Since he has one Richmond already, I want Petr to go to the JGPF.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I think that if Conrad goes clean (moreso in the free) he will win, but it’s a question of whether he will. If he doesn’t I expect Koshiro or Petr to win. Danielian is a complete wildcard imo, and I’m not sure how Tomoki will hold up in this field.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that if Conrad goes clean (moreso in the free) he will win, but it’s a question of whether he will. If he doesn’t I expect Koshiro or Petr to win. Danielian is a complete wildcard imo, and I’m not sure how Tomoki will hold up in this field.

But the beauty of the junior men is their unpredictability.:hap10: The field in Canada was not chopped liver: who would have thought that Gogolev would not podium? So it’s not whether Tomoki will hold up “in this field” but how everyone will hold up.

Makes it interesting ;)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So odd---Tomoki, Gabriella Izzo, and both US dance teams all skate last in the prelim events. That means they all have the worst ice!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So odd---Tomoki, Gabriella Izzo, and both US dance teams all skate last in the prelim events. That means they all have the worst ice!

The Jason Brown memorial position for all American skaters. :drama: :biggrin:

But also, if they can hold it together, the benefits of the judges having seen the previous skates when scoring them.

zebobes

Final Flight
Always skating last actually reminds me of Nathan Chen's junior beginnings. For his first few competitions on the JGP, he always drew the final position, and because he was always in first place after the short, he also always skated last in the long.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I had no time tis week so far to even check the field, but wow, what an interesting one this time! Conrad, Gabriele, Koshiro, Tomoki, Artur, Petr, Andreas, Mark...I wish them all a great outings, may the best one win!:cheer:

Well, but special :ghug: to one of my discoveries - Koshiro, he's blossoming under Lambiel and his programs are one of my faves this season from both juniors and seniors!

Country
Russia
Main Entries in order of Personal Best
In ( ) - best unofficial, at competitions which don't give ISU Best, only for skaters who haven't ISU Best.

1 Tomoki HIWATASHI USA 222.52
2 Koshiro SHIMADA JPN 220.45
3 Petr GUMENNIK RUS 220.04
4 Artur DANIELIAN RUS 218.76
5 Conrad ORZEL CAN 200.46
6 Basar OKTAR TUR 194.39
7 Aleksandr SELEVKO EST 192.79
8 Vladimir LITVINTSEV AZE (188.50)
9 Mark GORODNITSKY ISR 187.06
10 Nurullah SAHAKA SUI 177.75
11 Younghyun CHA KOR 174.13
12 Andreas NORDEBДCK SWE 173.44